Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Very excited new owner

C

CDR

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all. Next Saturday 25th January I am picking up our new California from Marshalls of Reading. We have been thinking about purchasing one for a couple of years and during the Christmas break decided to go for it. We purchased a pre registered Ocean 150 DSG from Marshalls who seem to have active recently based on the number of other recent posts also mentioning them. I was aware that the T6.1 is on it's way but got what I think is a very good deal on this purchase, and was also very keen on the Red / White colour combination which isn't available on the new model. The vehicle is specified as follows:
1579456003345.png
I am hoping that the weather next weekend is good. We are planning on travelling to West Wittering beach on the Sunday as our first trip assuming that the weather is reasonable.

CDR

Welcome CDR, love to see you pride and joy so please post photos when it arrives, you will also be spending a lot more on accessories, guess you have already visited the club shop.

Welcome and hope the first trip goes well.

Congrats! Exciting times ahead. Be interested to hear your feedback on Marshalls Reading post pick up.
Check the downloads section for some useful handover guides if you've not already seen them.
Good luck!

Welcome CDR. Congratulations and enjoy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice specification. Having the 4 sets of keys might mean the side door will be electric. 4 keys comes as standard with the electric side door but is a cost option for non electric side door.

Today’s the day, bet if felt like all your Christmas’s came at once. Hope you’re having a great day :thumb

How's it going? Do let us have some pix!

Enjoy

Thanks all for your responses,

We succesfully collected our new California from Marshalls in Reading on Saturday morning. Definitely felt like a mega Christmas day. I will attempt to attach some pictures. The interaction with the two key sales people at Reading was great, and from my experience I would certainly recommend them.

Yes the 4 keys option comes as standard with the electric side door. Not sure what I will do with so many keys, but the electric door is a great feature. I am sure it will take me weeks to read through and digest the user manuals to work out how to use all of the features. The salesman in Reading suggested I Google and search for California Chris on YouTube, who apparently has uploaded a load of videos on how to use the various features.

We set off to West Wittering beach yesterday for our inaugural trip. It was good fun, apart from the fact that mid afternoon it started to rain hard. Our two terriers Max and Molly certainly seemed to enjoy the trip, but they were a bit uncomfortable on the way there because I hadn't looked at the settings for rear heating, and only realised once I got to the beach that it was set to high, which probably explains why they were both panting so much.

Even though the beach was much quieter than usual due to the weather, fellow California owners were very social, waving and smiling when they went past.

We are now planning longer trips where we will use more of the features, and yes I now have a list of accessories which we would like to purchase at some point to enhance our adventures. Top of the list is probablyIMG_5833.jpgIMG_5834.jpgIMG_5835.jpg a free standing awning.

I found that it was quite helpful when we first got our Cali to jot down things as they came to mind and then do some homework (with the manual, YouTube or this forum) if it was something I didn't understand or hunting in the house/shopping (if it was something we could use that we hadn't got in the Cali).

Sounds like you're on your way - enjoy every minute!

PS: Have you thought about a name for yours yet?

Love the colour, enjoy your new toy and congratulations.

Thanks. I too love the colour and it was one of the reasons that we went for a T6 rather than a 6.1, the other one being cost, because the new model isn't available in the red / white combination. It is only available in white / grey, white / green metallic and white / copper bronze metallic two tone combinations, none of which appeal. Marshalls told me on Saturday they already have several 6.1 customers who also don't like the choice available, so have ordered white with the intention of having the bottom half wrapped in their choice of contrasting colour.

I must admit that I was apprehensive going out on the first journey, particularly as I had to drive through Slough, which I think has the worst driving standards in the country.

Wow, that looks ace. Enjoy your new van and the many adventures it will bring.

Wow. What a beauty! Love the red two tone with that canvas colour.☺️
We’re collecting ours from Marshall’s Reading at the weekend. They’ve been really great to deal with.
Enjoy and congratulations!

What a beauty! Fabulous two-tone combo. :thumb . So much fun and adventure heading you way :cheers

Thanks all for your responses,

We succesfully collected our new California from Marshalls in Reading on Saturday morning. Definitely felt like a mega Christmas day. I will attempt to attach some pictures. The interaction with the two key sales people at Reading was great, and from my experience I would certainly recommend them.

Yes the 4 keys option comes as standard with the electric side door. Not sure what I will do with so many keys, but the electric door is a great feature. I am sure it will take me weeks to read through and digest the user manuals to work out how to use all of the features. The salesman in Reading suggested I Google and search for California Chris on YouTube, who apparently has uploaded a load of videos on how to use the various features.

We set off to West Wittering beach yesterday for our inaugural trip. It was good fun, apart from the fact that mid afternoon it started to rain hard. Our two terriers Max and Molly certainly seemed to enjoy the trip, but they were a bit uncomfortable on the way there because I hadn't looked at the settings for rear heating, and only realised once I got to the beach that it was set to high, which probably explains why they were both panting so much.

Even though the beach was much quieter than usual due to the weather, fellow California owners were very social, waving and smiling when they went past.

We are now planning longer trips where we will use more of the features, and yes I now have a list of accessories which we would like to purchase at some point to enhance our adventures. Top of the list is probablyView attachment 54667View attachment 54668View attachment 54669 a free standing awning.
Lovely looking Cali but more importantly where are the photos of Max & Molly ;) When you get time to look through the forum there is a Cali Dogs thread

Lovely looking Cali but more importantly where are the photos of Max & Molly ;) When you get time to look through the forum there is a Cali Dogs thread
Yeah, where’s Max & Molly? We need photos of them in their new van lol

Congratulations on the lovely new van! Looks lush! Have you got a name for her/him yet? Enjoy the future adventures!:)