Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VED application - first registration procedure !!

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Can anyone explain the exact procedure for a dealer applying for the first registration V5 on a brand new T6.1 - which of course is now £270.

I do know it now has to be done by post and there are delays but my dealer appears to be talking gobbldegook about the process and not very confident goobldegook at that ! When I asked for the reference number of the application forms he didn't know and although he promised to get them from his admin department, I know that will not happen.....

He is saying that they first had to apply to the DVLA by post for a registration number and are still awaiting that. Once they receive the registration number, they then apply by post to have it registered !!! As I said, he was very evasive and unsure and it doesn't appear right to me. If anyone knows exactly what the procedure is now I would be most grateful - thanks.

Can anyone explain the exact procedure for a dealer applying for the first registration V5 on a brand new T6.1 - which of course is now £270.

I do know it now has to be done by post and there are delays but my dealer appears to be talking gobbldegook about the process and not very confident goobldegook at that ! When I asked for the reference number of the application forms he didn't know and although he promised to get them from his admin department, I know that will not happen.....

He is saying that they first had to apply to the DVLA by post for a registration number and are still awaiting that. Once they receive the registration number, they then apply by post to have it registered !!! As I said, he was very evasive and unsure and it doesn't appear right to me. If anyone knows exactly what the procedure is now I would be most grateful - thanks.
I will get this done tomorrow for you and outline the full process which isn’t an issue at all as have had to do this for my own customers. I’m on day off from work today but happy to post the process tomorrow.

Tom

@jillyfish any luck with getting yours reclassified? If so might (just might) consider biting a £1850-sized bullet only to get hands on the Cali before schools go back...

A number of buyers have had theirs registered (at £270) within 3 weeks but others seem to be waiting much longer - I think it's down to some dealers not having a clue what they're doing !!! Mine argued for ages that it was still £1,850 even though I provided the HMRC and DVLA documents !!!

Hi Tom,
We we are at present having a new T6 1. registered. So guidance will be most appreciated, as there is a lot of confusion about, leading to some owners having there California's wrongly registered.

Our V55/1, ( Application for the first vehicle tax and registration of a new motor vehicle) arrived at the dealers from VW with the following registration information.
Tax Class - PLG.
Type of Body/Vehicle- MPV (Multi-Purpose)
Type approval- MISP.

I queried with my dealer, Type of Body/Vehicle- MPV, bearing in mind what I had read on the forum. He said MPV was INCORRECT. They returned my V55/1, by registered post, to VW to have the Type of Body classification change to "Motor Caravan". It still remains at VW as far as can ascertain.

Can a California be registered as a MPV, or a Motor Caravan? What VED rates apply? What other ramifications are there of it being registered as a MPV as opposed to a Motor Caravan?

Also I understand that from April 2021, Motor caravans will have their VED based on their CO2 emissions, which at present they don't. What effect do you think that may have on California's?

Sorry a lot of questions. We do appreciate you chaps at Breeze, and your involvement with the forum. That's why I travelled from Watford to Poole to have my California serviced. Keep up the good work!

@jillyfish any luck with getting yours reclassified? If so might (just might) consider biting a £1850-sized bullet only to get hands on the Cali before schools go back...
Hi. We r away for our first nights camping. Nice site near home playing safe to start with... I am still waiting for reply to my letter sent to dvla on 2and July. Told that it may take up to 8 wks. I will be sure to post when I can confirm class change made all ok.

Should have picked up our GC on Thursday but fell foul of this problem. Carrs of Exeter told us they have to get a V55 from VW and apply using that and it should only take a week. We were given a registration no from a list which seems to be at odds with what Rowls 1958 has been told. Despite that i am not optimistic i will be collecting it this week