Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van life begins at 61

Hello
just brought a 2018 Ocean after 4 years of thinking about getting one, picking it up next week, first trip will be the NC500, can't wait, then who knows?
65 for us. Welcome, took me 10 years to persuade my partner to take the jump, we have loved every minute of our trips in the last 3 years. So it’s me, the main driver, ( in fact it’s nice to see that lots of Calis are driven by the womenfolk’ !) the husband he’s ‘the fixer’, but so far haven’t had any issues that this forum hasn’t been able to help with. Oh and our dog loves it too.E066077A-6A4E-431E-8D4E-3FB80BEEE250.jpeg

Last edited:
Life is a simple choice at our age. The next five years of our lives is going to be the healthiest we are likely to enjoy.

Please don’t be as silly to wait four years to do something bold again.

Congratulations.

Now pay the deposit and make it your own! quick! :thumb

PS: just curious about your connection to the Denver broncos! :)
Hello
liked American Football the first time I saw it on tv when it came over here, Broncos because of John Elway wore number 7 which is my lucky number was hooked straight away followed them every since, Denver is the best place I've ever been wish I could live there.

First trip is the NC500! Good luck ;-) - at least Midge season has subsided...

68 and 67 for us starters. On schedule to collect our Beach Camper from Breeze back end of this month, NEC beforehand. Hope you enjoy your Ocean as much as we intend to adventure in ours. Stay safe.

So young I was 63. Hope you have as much fun as I do with my Cali. E-Bikes to go with it next...........

I love threads like this! After a couple of Fiat based campervans I came to the California this year at 64 and just love it. My wife and I love road trips and have found the Cali to be the best yet at road tripping. We have just returned (early due to a family bereavement:() after 3 weeks ripping it up around France. There was not ONE place that we couldn’t reach/drive/park in the Cali compared to a car. We can not sit still for more than 10 minutes haha so the Cali suits us just fine. It is small yes, and compromises have to be made, but honestly we could stay away in ours for months on end (and we don’t use campsites). Our round trip was just over 2700 miles and we averaged 40.1 mpg including a truck load of high altitude steep and winding mountain passes in the Alps.

We love ours. A tank full of diesel, minimum food in the fridge, a change of clothes ………. And off we go! Every trip is a balls out adventure!

Who ever thought that California’s were the preserve of the young?! :D

Back