Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Used prices dropping

Hands up all those people who could manage without the future government subsidies but will accept them anyway. Or will you be giving this unwanted money to charities because you can’t give it back to the government?
What does that have to do with used prices of Calis?

I think you’re on the wrong platform, face book for that Or
start a new thread for the three cocks.

Apologies but adding to soulstyledevon point, apart from other contributors talking of mortgage percentages etc etc. Would’nt want to be hung by the preverbails for digressing, point taken.

Hands up all those people who could manage without the future government subsidies but will accept them anyway. Or will you be giving this unwanted money to charities because you can’t give it back to the government?

Assuming I get it then it will go straight to a local charity that I support.

He has a point. Well within context of the main post…!!!
Plenty of us can afford to get by without any government aid. But it will be impossible not to take any hand outs offered to us.
Again, this adds to disposable incomes and savings.

He has a point. Well within context of the main post…!!!
Plenty of us can afford to get by without any government aid. But it will be impossible not to take any hand outs offered to us.
Again, this adds to disposable incomes and savings.
The government does have a means of returning any cash one doesn't want or need.
Your grandchildren will be paying for all of this munificence long into their old age, probably.

The government does have a means of returning any cash one doesn't want or need.
Your grandchildren will be paying for all of this munificence long into their old age, probably.

It’s never that straight forward…!!!
I remember Alan Sugar writing a piece about the extra fuel payments he qualified for, years ago and how frustrating it was to try and refund the handout.
It ended up not being worth his time to try and sort and if I remember correctly, it wasn’t even possible to hand the payments back to the government.

I understood that the subject of the topic was the downward trend of California used. So I was wrong ?:sorry

Yes, it is. From post number 2 the conversation veered towards the current global economic situation and it's effect on an Individuals spending power. The measures currently being discussed by the EU and UK governments to ameliorate the energy crisis is going to have a huge effect on that.

I’m not sure where I stand on this “young gen blaming previous gen” trend?
Pretty much every gen could look back and say “why did you mess that up”.
It’s getting a tad boring. Just crack on and make the most of it like everyone before has.

I understood that the subject of the topic was the downward trend of California used. So I was wrong ?:sorry

What’s your point…?

Second hand prices will not keep up. in a couple of years there will be a flood of motorhomes/campervans of all sorts. The camping frenzy will come to a halt, as this year has shown you still have to book in advance and with a minimum stay too, during peak season. Many rental companies will have to get rid of most of their fleet, people will realize that renting a van/motorhome at 90€ a day and spending 50-70€ for a pitch , both to be booked well in advance, pay fuel almost twice as much than a couple years back on a vehicle that consumes 30-50% more isn't smart. They will be well insulated from Covid, if that is still an issue, also by renting a bungalow/mobile home at a camping site for the same money, with lots more space, less faff, no portapotti tank to empty, own shower.

People who actually bought the van/MH in the last two years with PCP, will have to finance the final payment at much higher interest rates, having less available income as much of the salary is going into energy billls etc.
Having said that, California being the best of the lot as it can be used as a only/second car, might suffer less. That annoying roof to be put up and small height to be within 2m total high will save your wallet.

I think that one of the biggest short term impacts on second hand prices is going to be the recovery in chip supplies.

I have just sold my Skoda Fabia, the freebie that I got when I sold my Cali for a lot more than I was expecting. I sold it last week for £500 less than what I paid for it new.

WBAC are continuing to revise their offers. This week the second hand value dropped by £2k from £13k to £11k. This is in line with what was being reported yesterday that with production of new cars now beginning to catch up with demand as chips supplies normalise so artificially inflated prices of second hand vehicles are beginning to fall away.

Production of EV's is faring slightly worse at present as they require substantially more chips apparently so still struggling to keep up with demand.

When this thread started WBAC we’re quoting about £42K for our Beach. They are now quoting over £49K. This may be seasonal, but to me prices seem to be holding up very well.

When this thread started WBAC we’re quoting about £42K for our Beach. They are now quoting over £49K. This may be seasonal, but to me prices seem to be holding up very well.
Curiosity got the better of me too - So got a fresh WBAC valuation. Not moved in the past 4 weeks.

I think that one of the biggest short term impacts on second hand prices is going to be the recovery in chip supplies.

I have just sold my Skoda Fabia, the freebie that I got when I sold my Cali for a lot more than I was expecting. I sold it last week for £500 less than what I paid for it new.

WBAC are continuing to revise their offers. This week the second hand value dropped by £2k from £13k to £11k. This is in line with what was being reported yesterday that with production of new cars now beginning to catch up with demand as chips supplies normalise so artificially inflated prices of second hand vehicles are beginning to fall away.

Production of EV's is faring slightly worse at present as they require substantially more chips apparently so still struggling to keep up with demand.
Chip supply is an interesting subject, I’m not sure if anyone will have read Zoltan’s latest news letter, but he claims it is a key factor in the global ‘economic war’ between Europe/Russia/China/Korea/Taiwan/USA etc
He quotes manufacturers buying washing machines to break them up so they can use the chips in manufacturing missiles, amongst other things. Interesting aside well for me anyways.

Anyway I’m not sure the chip supply issue will be resolved quickly.

Back