Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Urgent Roof stopped working whilst closing

N

neilscott

My 2010 SE roof has stopped working 1/2 open and won’t either go up or down ? Any ideas …. I can hear the pump working and non-obvious leak ? Thx

Did you have the engine running whilst operating the roof?
You could try a control panel reset.

There's a thread somewhere.

My 2010 SE roof has stopped working 1/2 open and won’t either go up or down ? Any ideas …. I can hear the pump working and non-obvious leak ? Thx
If it’s stuck 1/2 open you need to use the “emergency“ release to override the pump. The process is in the handbook and in a number of threads… try searching ”pump release screw”.

If it’s stuck 1/2 open you need to use the “emergency“ release to override the pump. The process is in the handbook and in a number of threads… try searching ”pump release screw”.
Thanks manges to get the roof lowered and secured and home …. The manual is a croc of poop but eventually got sorted before the AA arrived amazing what you can do with a chopped up credit card, spoon, wine bottle opener, para cord and a by bike inner tube !

Thanks manges to get the roof lowered and secured and home …. The manual is a croc of poop but eventually got sorted before the AA arrived amazing what you can do with a chopped up credit card, spoon, wine bottle opener, para cord and a by bike inner tube !
If you are able to describe what you did and how, it will help others in a similar pickle. Glad you got it sorted and back home.

quick update the van is at our local dealer to get fixed next week hoping that it’s at the lower end of the estimate

quick update the van is at our local dealer to get fixed next week hoping that it’s at the lower end of the estimate
Please let us know what is done.