Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Uploading of photo's

S

SeismiChris

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Morning all. Can someone help please. I am trying to upload some photo's into a new topic and keep being told the "the file is too big". What am i doing wrong please.

Regards,

Chris :help

Normally a photo will be several MB in size which is too big for uploading to a forum.

You'll need to shrink it - I typically aim for about 100KB - before uploading.

On a Mac you can open the photo in PREVIEW and use tools, adjust size option.

Not sure what's the best to use on a PC.

I had a few that were too big recently so opened them in Paint - look under Accessories and then Resized them to a smaller size. Try 50% percent first and then save as JPEG. If too big open the original again and try 25%.

Andy

Many thanks Andy.

Will give it a go shortly. Just about to give the Cali a showroom shine before the rain sets in.

Chris :hello

On windows I use this: http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

If you install it then you can right-click on any picture and it resizes it for you - you can select Small - Medium - Large and custom settings.

Since even budget phones and cameras now are 8 MegaPixels or more then it is a good idea to resize images before uploading them to forums, facebook or emails.

Always keep the original picture on your PC though, as you can always shrink pictures, but you can never get the resolution back :)

T

Back