Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Units on dashboard

K

KBR

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,
Hopefully an easy one. I have my settings all set to UK and Mpg etc. Everything displays as I would expect apart from my current speed readout, which seems to insist on remaining in kph. Is this just something just to live with or is there a way to change it to mph?
Thanks.

Hi,
Hopefully an easy one. I have my settings all set to UK and Mpg etc. Everything displays as I would expect apart from my current speed readout, which seems to insist on remaining in kph. Is this just something just to live with or is there a way to change it to mph?
Thanks.

Hi @KBR, the main speed display on your T5 will be the large analog speedo display. The digital display in between the speedo and the tacho is just an alternate display with settings and additional information - including the kpmh reading.

Depending on the version of your BCM (the main control module in your van), you should be able to get a large mph display by following the instructions on this video -

Specifically to answer your question - AFAIK, there is no way to convert the small kmph display to mph units.

Oh and to do the mod in the video, you will need a CARISTA.

Hi @KBR, the main speed display on your T5 will be the large analog speedo display. The digital display in between the speedo and the tacho is just an alternate display with settings and additional information - including the kpmh reading.

Depending on the version of your BCM (the main control module in your van), you should be able to get a large mph display by following the instructions on this video -

Specifically to answer your question - AFAIK, there is no way to convert the small kmph display to mph units.

Oh and to do the mod in the video, you will need a CARISTA.
Thanks, that’s pretty cool. Do you think it will work on a T5 Cali? I may give it a whirl. Cheers.

Changing location to Australia might do it, like this - ??

Changing location to Australia might do it, like this - ??
Thats what @kurienp said, you cant convert the “small” kph display, but you can have a large MPH

In case anyone is interested. Just got a Carista and successfully got the big speedo display now on my 2014 SE. Simple job and really useful. Thanks for the advice on this.

Back