Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

UK Build Configure Disappeared

mooro26

mooro26

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, newbie here currently exploring & looking to spec a new build. Spent the last week reading these forums and using the build tool to explore the options I'd want - beach 7 seats. However, this morning the build tool disappeared whilst mid-build and isn't available at all now. Interesting to see if this for more accurate 2019 build spec and options will to be loaded or does it regularly dissapper for maintenance? Looking to buy during the PCP finance offer with £2k contribution. Ta!

Interesting to see if this for more accurate 2019 build spec and options will to be loaded or does it regularly dissapper for maintenance? Looking to buy during the PCP finance offer with £2k contribution. Ta!

Probably the new 2019 build spec, as you say. The configurator went down around a similar time last year (June or July I think). It was down for quite a few weeks and eventually came back with revised standard spec, changes to the options and new prices.

Thanks @Moakesy. Gonna call in to my local van centre, Manchester when I get back from holiday. Hopefully they'll have somebody more california aware than when I visited last time. Who didn't know how to slide the rear bench forward! :headbang

Thanks @Moakesy. Gonna call in to my local van centre, Manchester when I get back from holiday. Hopefully they'll have somebody more california aware than when I visited last time. Who didn't know how to slide the rear bench forward! :headbang

Incredible...!!

Both Preston and Liverpool dealerships get good feedback on their level of Cali knowledge. Would be worth making the extra travel time if you can. When spending that amount of money, knowing how to move a seat wouldn't seem too much to ask!! :)

Incredible...!!

Both Preston and Liverpool dealerships get good feedback on their level of Cali knowledge. Would be worth making the extra travel time if you can. When spending that amount of money, knowing how to move a seat wouldn't seem too much to ask!! :)

I have seen the Liverpool and Preston recommendations in relation to both knowledge and possibly larger discounts. Intend to visit one or maybe both of those after Manchester.

I have seen the Liverpool and Preston recommendations in relation to both knowledge and possibly larger discounts. Intend to visit one or maybe both of those after Manchester.
Make sure you deal with Chris or the other California sales if at Liverpool. Guy at Preston.

German configurator up and running. Manual transmission available on all models.

CaptureVW.DE.JPG

CaptureVW.DE1.JPG

Last edited:
AND turmeric, my favourite colour. I'm probably dreaming but I would love to see this option in the UK!

Make sure you deal with Chris or the other California sales if at Liverpool. Guy at Preston.

German configurator up and running. Manual transmission available on all models.

View attachment 36272

View attachment 36273
Thanks and great spot Digger.

Watched all of Liverpools "California Chris" youtube videos. Really informative for a newbie. Also started watching and was really enjoying "A Bus and Beyond" videos until I ran low on mobile data :(

I notice these attached figures match the production PDF posted by @exdent on this thread https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-changes-starting-8-2018.22882/
Good to see the new associated emission figures.

AND turmeric, my favourite colour. I'm probably dreaming but I would love to see this option in the UK!

Not brave enough for something as bright as Kurkumagelb Metallic. BTW I'm surprised at the cost of paint options in Germany - 1,118.60 € :eek:

I’m a bit nervous as my order should have gone in today however prices may change on the back of Brexit/tanking pound. Watching the configurator closely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a bit nervous as my order should have gone in today however prices may change on the back of Brexit/tanking pound. Watching the configurator closely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully your order will go through okay @stringers. Keep us posted on how you get on.

OK so my original order (that I had changed) went through instantly which apparently never happens... & now they won't change it.. so no comfort dash for me. On the plus side less £££'s overall & got pretty much everything else I wanted. I'd probably only trash it with surfboards anyway. Week 33 is the build week, does anyone have an idea how long the wait is from the delivery week to handover?

Scrub that - just found another thread saying approx 6 weeks. Just in time for the UK surf season to start!

Configurator is back on-line. I spoken to Guy + VW Preston yesterday who said it was just down for software updates.

and has this on it

California Ocean SWB EU6 150 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 7sp DSG

£ 57,281*1
Please note
Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions data provided within the configurator are for the model year 2018 vehicle. We are currently changing over to model year 2019 vehicles, which are subject to new tests and rules. If you order a vehicle now, it is likely to have different official fuel consumption, CO2 emissions data and specification to that shown in the configurator. For more information, please speak to your local retailer.

and has this on it

California Ocean SWB EU6 150 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 7sp DSG

£ 57,281*1
Please note
Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions data provided within the configurator are for the model year 2018 vehicle. We are currently changing over to model year 2019 vehicles, which are subject to new tests and rules. If you order a vehicle now, it is likely to have different official fuel consumption, CO2 emissions data and specification to that shown in the configurator. For more information, please speak to your local retailer.
That has been there for a couple of weeks

Back