Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre Pressures

Daniel Steely

Daniel Steely

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can someone answer this for me please. I am just fitting some 17” VW alloys from a T6.1 ocean onto my T6 Ocean. The tyres are standard Continental 215/60 R17 C 109/107T. The sticker on my door shut does not give this size option for the tyre pressures apart from a 215/60 mud and snow tyre. I presume the tyre size I have would be shown on the 6.1?
I would be very grateful if anyone with a 6.1 could let me know what the pressures should be.

Same pressure for M&S as normal tyre if the dimensions are the same, the sticker is from a T6.1 Ocean.

IMG_2512.jpg

Same pressure for M&S as normal tyre if the dimensions are the same, the sticker is from a T6.1 Ocean.

View attachment 90316
Thanks Andy. That was all I needed to know. I just thought mud and snow tyres may run at different pressures. I hope I may get a better MPG figure now with higher pressure and skinnier tyres.

Interesting to take a look at tyresafe.org to check their recommendations too. The things that will influence pressure will be tyre width (215, 225 etc) and maximum axle load - tyre width because the greater the area in contact with the road, the lower the pressure needed, and axle load because the higher the load the greater pressures needed. I don’t think M&S is a factor they consider, so pressures will be the same. If you have Motorhome tyres (CP rated rather than C) they recommend much higher pressures because these tyres are designed to tolerate standing for long periods in one spot without distorting, but these are not normal footware for a California

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Cali tyre pressure stickers are based on the standard van so you need to inflate to the higher pressures as you are basically driving a fully loaded van at all times with the Cali interior.

I think the Cali tyre pressure stickers are based on the standard van so you need to inflate to the higher pressures as you are basically driving a fully loaded van at all times with the Cali interior.
You can always use the chalk stripe test, see posts here and onwards, I've always used the higher pressure and always have a great ride with even wear and longevity (25k+) on my Cross Climate tyres...
Post in thread 'Tyre pressure' https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/tyre-pressure.15121/post-437707

Check the “maximum pressure” marking written on the tire. That pressure should you have if fully loaded tire (load index). If not fully loaded, pressure could be slightly lower, just like on the sticker…

The door stickers are specific to the van that they are stuck on, so can differ between models and give a different pressure for part & fully laden.

Check the tread on each tyre every so often. If you notice different wear between centre v side grooves, then you can just just tweak pressures slightly to compensate; If wear is uneven then get the alignment checked:

1647265307155.png

Last edited: