Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trying to get my head round this.

Richard Hurst

Richard Hurst

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So on my Cali Ocean the current tyre and alloy combination is 17" x 7j ET55 Aracju Alloys with 215/60/17. I have already fitted the new Bilstein B14 Komfort coiler suspension kit and would like to swap to 20" alloys and tyres.

I would like the Leighton Vans LV-2 alloy which are 8.5j Front ET45 and 10j ET38 rear wheels with a 275/40/20 106W tyre

Now not being mechanical minded would it just be a simple case of taking the old wheels off and putting these straight on, I've seen on other posts people mention spacers extra which i don't understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the tyres rub the inside of the wheel arch on full lock then you need spacers

Ok so if you’re fitting 20” wheels on a cali you want to be going with an et40 or 45 And ideally a 9.5 j rear max
The difference with Leighton vans is the fir these mostly Kombi’s not California’s
A California has a table in the sliding dooor so any wider and you chance it rubbing on tge wheel when you open the door…
Stay away from spacers in my opinion the California is heavy.the perfect wheel from experience is a 9.5 et45 20 all round this sits perfect

Sorry for the typos predictive txt… also the edit option seems to of disappeared from my posts for some reason
Maybe because I’m no longer a vip ???
As I’m no longer a California owner

Sorry for the typos predictive txt… also the edit option seems to of disappeared from my posts for some reason
Maybe because I’m no longer a vip ???
As I’m no longer a California owner
You can still be a vip/lifetime member, worth it for the Cotswold discount.
Plus I’m sure there’s loads of Sven admirers. I know I would enjoy seeing pics.
Lots on here seem to like the joker, plus ex cali owners can still help others :thumb

If going to 20" wheels is being done then these have a good load rating, correct centre bore, offset shouldn't give any need for spacers and being the same width all round avoids dedicated axle widths.

275/35/20 102 tyres are OK for load. 265/40/20 104 would keep above the normal 103 minimum fitted to Cali's with little speedo issue.

With low suspension and wide tyres/rims the front arch outer edge may well be a clearance problem on lock.

20" low profile tyres are expensive and those running them report low mileage life, circa 12,000mls.

I have lv1 alloys on my cali and Leighton vans supplied me with 8.5j all round to avoid the sliding door catching the rear.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk