Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trim behind cooker

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I’m booked into dealer next week but amongst other things I’m on a squeak hunt. Is there any way to remove the trim ( see photo). I’ve tightened cupboard bolts as per WelshGas tip but the squeak remains. Any advice welcome and yes I may leave it to the dealer to sort out.

IMG_6090.jpeg

IMG_6089.jpeg

I’m booked into dealer next week but amongst other things I’m on a squeak hunt. Is there any way to remove the trim ( see photo). I’ve tightened cupboard bolts as per WelshGas tip but the squeak remains. Any advice welcome and yes I may leave it to the dealer to sort out.

View attachment 115237

View attachment 115238
Have you tried Silicone spray , with a tube nosel, along all the joins?

Have you tried Silicone spray , with a tube nosel, along all the joins?
Yes that was first point of attack, didn’t work. I’ve also tried felt tape etc. I may try loosening those bolts you mentioned, maybe too tight, who knows!!

I think that to remove that bit of trim, VW would probably say that the’d need to take the kitchen unit out. Trouble is that refitting the kitchen will likely cause even more squeaks.

Are you sure it’s not the spice rack thing that’s making the noise. I took mine out from inside the cupboard and ran some cloth tape along the bottom edge. Nice and snug fitting now.

Treated myself to a roll of the loom tape too. That and some 3M sticky dots for the wardrobe shelves made a useful improvement

Think I’ve made a difference , wedged felt loom tape pads between trim and window and revisited silicone spray but this time with directional tube as suggested by WelshGas . Left silicone to dry overnight but huge improvement in sound today. Squeaky Nearside door pillar is my next job to address but thanks all, some progress

IMG_6130.jpeg

IMG_6131.jpeg

IMG_6132.jpeg

Back