Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tourist de France?

ChrisandPenney52

ChrisandPenney52

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Wednesday 14:55, from my TV screen: watching the Col du Grand Colombier stage of the Tour de France. Blue Cali with a bike rack and union flag on the back on the side of the road?

It wasn't us but we are camping on the Ardeche close to Pont St Esprit and joy of joys the whole Tour de France comes through Pont St Esprit at 11 am. on Saturday. So we will be on our bikes and cycling in to watch. Sorry ,but the Cali remains on the site so please don't look for us!
It is about a 20 minute ride in, should be a great experience.
Nice and dry here, 26.5 today but day before yesterday was 34! Too hot.
Cali is doing really well now we have got the hang of moving the ground floor bed and a few other quirks.

David

Good for you. Green with envy! Fantastic part of France. Enjoy the experience and soak up the atmosphere!

I was trying on my shorty wet suit this morning and Penney said I looked like Bradley Wiggins. not a compliment, I think!

Chris

Yes, fantastic area, Pont du Gard is just up the road and Aigues Morte close by too. The cigales are wittering away in the trees as I do this. Fantastic wifi on this site, very strong signal that can be used from your van anywhere on the site.

Why try on the wetsuit? Or were you just anticipating?

David

Just having a purge on old and broken sailing gear and checking all the rest still worked. Originally provoked by looking for something on top of the wardrobe, and re-discovering a sailing graveyard.
But I'm also driving a safety boat at the weekend and seriously thinking about wearing some of it. Should just be shorts and tee shirt at this time of year!

Sounds wet and cold to me Chris. A man of your maturity should know better!

Regards

David

No, I'll never learn! Anyway, it's Bastille Day tomorrow, and a weekend, so expect a big push to get a French stage win

We willbe there urging on Bradley, don't worry, Britsh support power alone may help him to win!
We hope!

David

Just returned from seeing the Tour de France at Pont St Esprit.
It was a bit of a 'was that it ' moment.
Arrived at 10.15, waited for 20 minutes then the 'caraven' came through. It was the sponsors ,20 minutes of cars looking like chickens, loaves of bread, car tires, TV screens, lollies, cans of drink etc etc all with people leaning out at precarious angles. very good, lots of cheering and we got splashed by a hose from a car dressed as hose pipe.
Then we waited. We had an ace spot on the roundabout very close to the action. Except they they decided to route the riders round the the other side of the roundabout so Iost my place on a large rock in the flower garden and we walked round to the other side.
Lots of Gendarmes came through on flash BMWs, then cars with dozens of bikes on their roofs then would you believe SKY TV in two Jaguars yes Jaguars, (that's where our money goes boys).
Then at 12.15 just when the Missis was suggesting we go, through they came, fantastic high speed densely bunched what a sight! BUT it was only for 10 seconds and they were gone tearing off to Bagnole sur Ceze before we even had a chance to get a real view.
And then we all went home!

David