Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Top tips....please!

S

SimonT1

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello! First of all, thanks for providing and contributing to such a useful site!
I should say straight away that we don't have a Cali....yet. We are thinking of buying one in the future so, to see if that's a good idea, we are hiring one for two weeks in mid September and setting off around Europe to see how we get on. The van comes "fully equipped" with cooking pots, pans and utensils and crockery and glasses etc. We've done a fair bit of camping, so have some idea of the sort of other things we will need to take, but I'm wondering if there are some things that are specific to touring trips in a Cali that you could suggest; either items to take, extras for the van, ways to set up etc etc.
Thanks in anticipation!

How will you fill the water tank?
Be careful lowering the roof. Make sure door is open. It stops with the roof 1/2 lowered. Check the canvas is folding inwards then press button again until motor stops to lock roof securely.
Check you have Mains connection lead, at least 15 or 25 m long, and a Continental adapter to connect mains lead to a Continental 2pin socket.

Hi and welcome ,
Just read thru the forum on different topics , you'l do fine .
Enjoy the rental and i am pretty sur you own a Cali by the end of the year!

I'm wondering if there are some things that are specific to touring trips in a Cali that you could suggest
Yes, make sure you post your adventures up here along the way, we will keep you company and help where needed :thumb

Thanks, we.re really looking forward to it. I'll check with the hire company to make sure we have the cable and also see how they advise filling the tank. Any other tips welcome!

Thanks 2CV67, that's a really helpful list and thread.
S