Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Top 3 Items You Wish You Had When You Got Your First Cali

I'd second a mattress topper.
Bottle of fizz
A travel diary to record our adventures

After temperatures in France last week of 41 degrees during the day and around 25 at night, i wish I’d bought a mosquito net for the sliding window.

A VW comfort mattress option from the factory on my first Beach.

LED headlights on my first Beach.

Last edited:
Can’t think of anything. Got exactly what I wanted. 180, 4Motion and DSG + Comfort Mattress and Awning . Definitely No Tailgate Bike Rack.:thumb

Can’t think of anything. Got exactly what I wanted. 180, 4Motion and DSG + Comfort Mattress and Awning . Definitely No Tailgate Bike Rack.:thumb
You and me both, 180, 4motion and DSG! Perfection, haven't missed a thing

I can never understand the "mattress topper" thing...we find the upstairs bed so comfortable! But we seem to be in a minority!
(Only slept downstairs twice so can't really comment on that)

Vanessa window bags.
Sliding boot tray

And the knowledge that the rear bench seat back folds forward so you can reach the back of the boot space behind..... ( only had the cali a year before discovering this. :headbang:))

wooohooo wait a minute... is this in all cali's? or just the beach or T6 models and up?

Good morning,

DSG
Before the California I had a Tiguan Track and Field with DSG. But after 2 1/2 years I start to get used to the manual gear box.

4Motion
I never got stock with a car (well, except of couse in the winter). In the California I got stock on wet grass on a place I never expected it (scared me as long as I will drive a California).

Camping gear
In geneal we got step by step our camping gear as we need it. We wasted a bit of money on things that didn't turned out as planned, but I guess that is part of the expereience.

Beside this I am happy with my T6 Ocean, 150 HP, manual gear box and the equipment we got so far.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Last edited:
wooohooo wait a minute... is this in all cali's? or just the beach or T6 models and up?
We have a T6 beach that it works for. Perhaps not the same on other models? It’s brilliant for packing the boot for long trips though......:)

Something not quite right with the question :confused: so interpreting it as - Top 3 items on the list for when purchasing a Cali. Factory Fit: ACC, LED Headlights and Towbar. Non-factory Fit: Bungee cord, steering lock, rear-wheel anti-theft bolt. All other items, purchase as you go based on needs and it can be an endless list :)

Something not quite right with the question :confused: so interpreting it as - Top 3 items on the list for when purchasing a Cali. Factory Fit: ACC, LED Headlights and Towbar. Non-factory Fit: Bungee cord, steering lock, rear-wheel anti-theft bolt. All other items, purchase as you go based on needs and it can be an endless list :)

Nice, bungee cord seems to a popular one!

To elaborate on what I meant from the question => "Top 3 Items - at some point you got along your California journey at a later date, but - You Wish You Had When You Got Your First Cali" :thumb

1. Washable, rubber-backed door mat to protect the carpet between the front seats
2. Cushion pads for the 2 folding chairs which are stored in the tailgate
3. Thicker mattress for bottom bed

We have a T6 beach that it works for. Perhaps not the same on other models? It’s brilliant for packing the boot for long trips though......:)
How exactly? Sitting in my T6 Beach right now and can't see how.

How exactly? Sitting in my T6 Beach right now and can't see how.
I don’t know if it works on the 2 seat bench? Fingers crossed it does and I haven’t got your hopes up......

on the three seat bench you pull handle one above the middle drawer about halfway and then just pull the back of the seat forwards.

If the 2 seat bench is the same as in the SE or Ocean, it will in no way fold forward.
If it's the 3 seat Multivan (Caravelle) seat, then you can fold it both ways.

Don't give us a reason to buy a new California Ocean!!