Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tool Box (Ocean)

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Anyone else not that enamoured with having the toolbox on the back of the bench seat. Access to it is not the easiest and I just wondered if it could be accessed via the sliding door with bench forward. Sadly not quite, not with stops in anyway. Would just about be possible if it was secured differently and something I may consider adapting in the future. Perhaps with the addition of somewhere for my tool roll.
Would be nice if it could be accessed without emptying the back. Any thoughts!

Mike

Hey Mike , corrected the title for you , it said "took box";) if it was supposed to let me know ....i change it back!

@WelshGas , took his out from under the seat and puts it last thing in the booth so easy acces.

I think it sits nice under the seat , how often do you need it....hope never ....so just leave it there .
And in my booth only sits three plastic boxes with i need to take out two and i can reach the toolbox;)

As @hotel california said, mine is on the boot lip now. I have the removable tow hitch which is stored in the toolbox so I access it regularly. I have 2 boxes in the boot one for regular camping stuff and the other for spares, EHU extension lead , spare light bulbs and stuff used rarely. To access that box the toolbox has to be lifted out. Fortunately I still have the capability to do that.;)

Thanks HC. I need my reading glasses on

I also have the removable tow bar so will need it regularly. On a T6 it screws to the back of the bench seat and is a bit fiddly so it looks like a move to my general tool box for it. Box will slide further back then so not losing anything. Ta

Mike

Thanks HC. I need my reading glasses on

I also have the removable tow bar so will need it regularly. On a T6 it screws to the back of the bench seat and is a bit fiddly so it looks like a move to my general tool box for it. Box will slide further back then so not losing anything. Ta

Mike
Same on the T5.

I think if you take the front stops out of the seatrail .
Leave the two screws out ( i leave them out , the toolbox stays in place without them)
You can slide the rearseat forward , tip the toolbox and pull it out tru the side door.

Leave the two screws out ( i leave them out , the toolbox stays in place without them)
You can slide the rearseat forward , tip the toolbox and pul it out tru the side door.
I'm sure you can HC, but opening the tailgate is easier, for me anyway.:thumb

I'm sure you can HC, but opening the tailgate is easier, for me anyway.:thumb

For me also , just making a suggestion .
As i said , how ofthen it goes out....? For me twice a year when a change winters to summertyres and back to get the jack out.

You can slide the rearseat forward , tip the toolbox and pull it out tru the side door.

Agree, and our removable towbar now stays on after a couple of fools have hit the bumper. Helps protect from minor impacts.

Back