Too excited for words!

Mary-Helen

Mary-Helen

Maitch
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello,
We’ve just bought our first Cali (through this website) and we’re picking it up on Wednesday. We plan to take the van down to Devon/Cornwall on Sunday for a few days - with our equally excited 6yr old grandson.

I’d really appreciate some advice on what size Sleepzone mattress toppers to buy - I can’t measure up because we haven’t got the van yet! I’m keen to get the toppers delivered before next weekend.

Sleep zone have not heard of that one

The Zonesleep is made to measure just order the one you need

Exiting times ahead , there are no words to express the Cali feelings....
Welcome!

Having just bought our Ocean and having slept in the 'upstairs' a couple of times now, we do not consider that we need a mattress topper upstairs. It really is quite comfortable albeit 'cosy' for 2.

The sprung boards that the mattress sits on are surprising sprung well.

I see a number of mattress toppers appear on the 'For Sale' section, so wonder whether others consider them necessary?

Hello,
We’ve just bought our first Cali (through this website) and we’re picking it up on Wednesday. We plan to take the van down to Devon/Cornwall on Sunday for a few days - with our equally excited 6yr old grandson.

I’d really appreciate some advice on what size Sleepzone mattress toppers to buy - I can’t measure up because we haven’t got the van yet! I’m keen to get the toppers delivered before next weekend.

Hey - I totally get how you feel - we are also new Cali owners (also bought through this website) we've had ours a week now and are currently sat in a campsite in Cornwall - loving life! We bought a memory foam mattress topper for the pop top and bought a 4ft small double (120 x 190cm) which fits perfectly. This would be a little large for the downstairs bed though.

Hope this helps

Jo and Steve

Hey - I totally get how you feel - we are also new Cali owners (also bought through this website) we've had ours a week now and are currently sat in a campsite in Cornwall - loving life! We bought a memory foam mattress topper for the pop top and bought a 4ft small double (120 x 190cm) which fits perfectly. This would be a little large for the downstairs bed though.

Hope this helps

Jo and Steve
Thanks, that really does help. I’ll be there next week ;-)

Having just bought our Ocean and having slept in the 'upstairs' a couple of times now, we do not consider that we need a mattress topper upstairs. It really is quite comfortable albeit 'cosy' for 2.

I see a number of mattress toppers appear on the 'For Sale' section, so wonder whether others consider them necessary?
Thanks, I’ll check out the for sale section, I haven’t made it that far yet.

Welcome. Zonesleep are very good I bought one for downstairs but found it works just as well upstairs.

Welcome. Zonesleep are very good I bought one for downstairs but found it works just as well upstairs.
Thanks.

Where did you buy it from? I looked on their website and could only see standard bed sizes...

plus you get a discount with vip membership

Welcome, Your grandson will love it, I presume he will be sleeping up top so he won't need a topper up there, it's fine. Plenty of toppers available for the downstairs bed depends on budget. :thumb

The only mattress topper you’ll probably need is one “downstairs” - certainly on the old T5 as the seat back is very firm. We just use a self inflating air bed that compacts quite small, you can end up taking a lot of unnecessary kit with you. I’d try it first and buy if you need

The other option is to go for the Duvalay which combines a mattress into your bedding and duvet - it's a bit like a one-sided sleeping bag that just rolls up.

As forum members will know, we are big fans - but I know others are less keen with the poly-cotton material. And they are not cheap (although we got a couple for a good price new off eBay).

See https://www.duvalay.co.uk/Campervans . Blimey, now I look here, they've certainly put their prices up! But they are very convenient and, for us, comfortable.

Back