Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tips for trip to Austria/Northern Italy (beginner in Cali)

N

nickreyn

SussexFamily
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Excited from Sussex! We are planning our first trip in our Cali T5 for the summer to Europe. We want to head for Austria/northern Italy and are flexible on our schedule, we have an 9year old son and have a marvellous 5 weeks to fill from mid July. We want to spend time in a mixture of countryside/beaches with some city culture and a theme park along the way.

Looking for tips/recommendations for both regions/campsites and driving things we need to know. Our current loose schedule is to start from Calais down to the Cote d'zur, then up to Venice, then Austria and find our way back to Zeebruge.
Thanks in anticipation

I’ve just been looking myself to maybe head down to the lakes for our summer hols and although I haven’t been, Europa Park and Rulantica will be my theme park choice to take the kids.

I can recommend Marina di Venezia near Venice, been a few times (flew out there) and we all loved it.

Excited from Sussex! We are planning our first trip in our Cali T5 for the summer to Europe. We want to head for Austria/northern Italy and are flexible on our schedule, we have an 9year old son and have a marvellous 5 weeks to fill from mid July. We want to spend time in a mixture of countryside/beaches with some city culture and a theme park along the way.

Looking for tips/recommendations for both regions/campsites and driving things we need to know. Our current loose schedule is to start from Calais down to the Cote d'zur, then up to Venice, then Austria and find our way back to Zeebruge.
Thanks in anticipation
Hi and welcome to the forum. I’d recommend being a bit less specific with your location, assuming that’s your postcode, particularly if you’re posting detailed plans about your trips away from home.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I’d recommend being a bit less specific with your location, assuming that’s your postcode, particularly if you’re posting detailed plans about your trips away from home.
Noted good advice, much appreciated

I’ve just been looking myself to maybe head down to the lakes for our summer hols and although I haven’t been, Europa Park and Rulantica will be my theme park choice to take the kids.

I can recommend Marina di Venezia near Venice, been a few times (flew out there) and we all loved it.
Great tips, pls keep us updated on your planning

the french site looks ideal, we will check it out, thx

the french site looks ideal, we will check it out, thx
Italian Beach Campsite. Have visited 3 times and thoroughly recommended.

For Venice. Shuttle bus outside campsite to Venice or Padua ( also worth a visit ).

Go to Switzerland. Lauterbruunen. Stunning