Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule Subsola Panels for Awning - Any thoughts?

M

MichaelB65

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have a new cali arriving at the end of June and have been looking at the Outwell Fallcrest Awning sides and the Hillcrest front tarp for an addition to the windout awning. However, I've just seen the Thule Subsola panels and they look good.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

I am anxiously awaiting availability; been following these for couple of months already, expect them soon, maybe couple weeks; definitely goung to buy when they are finally available!

I’ve been looking with interest too. The major difference to the Outwell screens is that the Thule versions include additional ‘poles’ to which the panels attach thereby giving youyhe maximum space under the awning - the Outwell/Comfortz screens all attach to the extendable awning arms. While they are expensive they do come in a smart package with the additional poles and fixtures.

I'm also interested, prices on the few listings there are seem quite high but hopefully once they are more widely available, they'll drop. Side panels look to use the G2 rafter type poles previously supplied with the G2 side screens, I picked a rafter up cheap from Amazon Warehouse with a view to making my own side panel type thing, however none of the fittings fit the 5102 awning.

We have the Outwell ones, and use a lot. More so in slightly better weather, as there are gaps all over the place, but we use them more for an 'element' of privacy. Also the front (beaded) pane can be used for the other side of the van, if there is sun on the fridge side, helps keep it a bit cooler. SOOOO quick to put up (which I love), and put away, and once up, stay there. Not the cheapest bit of kit, but likely to last a long time. Not seen the 'Subsola' ones, but have no issues with the Fallcrest.