Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thetford 335 Warranty problem

BubbleBus

BubbleBus

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Has anyone managed to get a porta potti 335 looked at under warranty. We purchased a 335 in September last year from Jackson’s Leisure and have noticed that the red line indicator doesn’t work, filled up with cold water several times to check. Thetford say there is a 3 year warranty on their products and you should take them to a Thetford service centre…I have tried contacting Avonbridge, Albany Mobile Caravans and Prime Caravan Care all with no luck, as they are my local service centres, .I have emailed thetford head office as well to ask for advice but as before…total silence. Although not a massive problem as the 335 is very lightly used and hardly at all during these Covid times, it would be nice if someone could advise me if they have managed to get any warranty work done from thetford.

Has anyone managed to get a porta potti 335 looked at under warranty. We purchased a 335 in September last year from Jackson’s Leisure and have noticed that the red line indicator doesn’t work, filled up with cold water several times to check. Thetford say there is a 3 year warranty on their products and you should take them to a Thetford service centre…I have tried contacting Avonbridge, Albany Mobile Caravans and Prime Caravan Care all with no luck, as they are my local service centres, .I have emailed thetford head office as well to ask for advice but as before…total silence. Although not a massive problem as the 335 is very lightly used and hardly at all during these Covid times, it would be nice if someone could advise me if they have managed to get any warranty work done from thetford.

Final email to Thetford stating you’ll return / request full refund via credit card as faulty goods ? If they don’t respond ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody had the pump fail on a Thetford 335? If so did you repair or replace it? I can’t figure out how to remove it to inspect/repair/replace. Have searched YouTube without success. Suspect it may be bonded to the unit?

Last edited:
Not a cheap item but must be replaceable.

Thanks @B J G . Yes I’ve seen the spare but can’t see how to remove the old unit. Probably a split in the bellows or a detached pipe? Crazy price when an entire new unit is only twice the price!

Thanks @B J G . Yes I’ve seen the spare but can’t see how to remove the old unit. Probably a split in the bellows or a detached pipe? Crazy price when an entire new unit is only twice the price!
I didn't initially notice that the bellows was available and the Piston pump must be an upgrade.

I didn't initially notice that the bellows was available and the Piston pump must be an upgrade.
Got the instructions for replacement from Thetford. Looks fairly straightforward. I’ll remove it in the next week or so to inspect and if not repairable will order a new unit.

Got the instructions for replacement from Thetford. Looks fairly straightforward. I’ll remove it in the next week or so to inspect and if not repairable will order a new unit.
Soon to be flushed with success.

For reference. The siphon pump is very easy to remove on a Thetford 335 using a flat blade (I used a screwdriver).
Turns out the pump on mine is working just fine BUT the pipe that connects it to the flushing outlet had failed. It had split and become detached at the outlet end. Its impossible to repair as the water tank is a sealed unit so the point of connection cannot be accessed! Daft design because if internal access was possible it would be a 5 minute fix.
Complete new 335 now needed! £90 versus the cost of a bit of sealant and a cable tie!!

IMG_4492.png