The Lost Key

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Two weeks ago we went out taking both sets of keys. Clare one set, me the other.

About a week later we discovered one set was missing, and for various reasons Clare took ownership of the loss, confessing that she had lost them somewhere.

So what to do? We have two other rigid keys, but without a fob the alarm sounds immediately when the van is unlocked and continues to sound until the rigid key goes into the ignition.

We really do need two fob keys.

BUT... the whole situation changed this morning when I found the keys Clare admitted “losing” and searched high and low for them in my bicycle’s bar bag. There is no doubt that I am responsible for their loss, but crucially Clare is oblivious to my guilt.

Should I confess;
Or, should I tut and ‘find’ them down the back of the sofa?

I suppose it depends on what were the "various reasons" Claire took ownership of the loss in the first place.....

Post them to her, with a little note to say had been found and after contacting VW have been returned to rightful owner....how will she ever know? .....and she'll be more careful in the future!

Honesty is the best policy...

As you’ve posted on here you don’t really have an option as I can imagine the first conversation at the next meet you attend...

Two weeks ago we went out taking both sets of keys. Clare one set, me the other.

About a week later we discovered one set was missing, and for various reasons Clare took ownership of the loss, confessing that she had lost them somewhere.

So what to do? We have two other rigid keys, but without a fob the alarm sounds immediately when the van is unlocked and continues to sound until the rigid key goes into the ignition.

BUT... the whole situation changed this morning when I found the keys Clare admitted “losing” and searched high and low for them in my bicycle’s bar bag. There is no doubt that I am responsible for their loss, but crucially Clare is oblivious to my guilt.

Should I confess;
Come clean & stop being a muppet!

depends if she reads the forum

Clare probably knows you better than you think she does!

Come clean & stop being a muppet!
I’ve confessed.

After proudly announcing that I’d changed the bed linen (a job Clare hates so much she usually has to nag me to do it) I said that I’d found the lost keys. Not behind the bed (as I was tempted to do) but in the bar bag of my bicycle.

my reasoning was that it’s hard to be hard on someone who has just done your least favourite job.

I suppose it depends on what were the "various reasons" Claire took ownership of the loss in the first place.....
We decided the last time we had both sets of keys was on Harting Down when Clare returned to the van ahead of me, opened the door and waited. I drove with the other keys.

I get Clare’s thinking... If I pretend to have lost the keys (which i know Tom is responsible for) he will change the bed! Win, win

Should I confess;
Be honest, it’s deceitful to do anything else, plus it should earn you brownie points.

I've done my own research. And there's something fishy going on here.

- on April 18th A discovers a dead dog on a throne
- on April 19th A and C drive to Harting Down, where supposedly the keys get 'lost'
- on April 20th A discovers H is The Crown itself
- on April 24th the key gets officially declared as 'lost'
- on April 28th A drives an Unknown person with 'dementia' from Ashbourne to South London (??)
- on April 30th the tandem gets loaded at the Cali
- on May 3th the key gets 'found' at 2.45pm
- 15 minutes later A drives his bike at the South Downs
- three hours later the bed linen got changed
Now you can draw your own conclusions, I've got mine.
Clearly Her Majesty needed some Special Transport....

Sorry, just thought it was my Duty.

;-)

Last edited:
Then the cheeky slap on the bum I received after I confessed was undeserved.
Ahhhh but you will have chalked up those brownie points even if you don’t think so

Back