Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The interminable wait: Your Youtube channel recommendations, please

bob_summers

bob_summers

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
(Mods pls move if in the wrong place)

So we appear to have finished California Youtube, unless you guys know any channels that YT’s algorithms haven’t suggested to me.

I’m subscribed to, of course, California Chris, @itguy ’s channel, the family (also on here but i forget their name) with a dog called Bentley, a couple of Spanish channels…

Any suggestions to take our wait through to the Spring? Doesn’t have to be Cali focused, UK/EU travel vlogs also welcome. Ta!

I feel your pain.
Here are a couple of Cali-specific ones that I watch, although the 2nd one is into Nuggets these days despite the YT name. A Bus and Beyond is the channel that eluded you.

Dario Enne (an Italian/German living in Switzerland).
Cali Camper Family
Adventures with the Nicklins
Dubventures
Yorkshire Poptop Adventures

Non-Cali focussed:
Campervan Vibe
Life is too short

Cali-specific
California Time - highly recommended
Campervan Journey
The Rainmaker

Non- Cali specific
Wee Broon Van
Travel Beans
Bob Earnshaw
Herman hits the Road
Andrew Ditton
Poshcats

Excellent, thanks for the reccs. Need both types because the family aren’t really interested in stuff like Cali Chris talking about the heater or something. They wanna see new places we might get to after you-know-what

So we appear to have finished California Youtube, unless you guys know any channels that YT’s algorithms haven’t suggested to me.

I’m subscribed to, of course, California Chris, @itguy ’s channel, the family (also on here but i forget their name) with a dog called Bentley, a couple of Spanish channels…

Any suggestions to take our wait through to the Spring? Doesn’t have to be Cali focused, UK/EU travel vlogs also welcome. Ta!
Chili’s videos are worth watching.

D9C19695-7D7B-4296-82CC-6A1267D831CA.png

Living The Van Life (US): beautiful, calming images. It doesn't matter what he drives (now Mercedes Sprinter, formerly VW T3), but he can make me dream, especially when he is cooking a meal outside in the snow.
Also longer than those sometimes short hip pop up shots of a good 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Kinging it is the most entertaining one I know.
Follow them also on YouTube and their Europe roadtrip was certainly fun, the Scotland and Wales travels are great too; sometimes they also get deeply serious about themselves and how they feel.
I myself also followed Hasta Alaska (aka Kombi Life) for years (Chile-Alaska trip with a Brasilian 'T2', The Bay/Split hybrid 'Brasilia') but also Nomadic Fanatic (can be very cool but can also be unbelievable rambling about what bothers him. Yet I continue to follow him).
I spend a lot of time watching youtube videos but I like to do this.

Last edited:
I watch most of the above and a bus and beyond.

Also look at place names. So NC500 will bring up loads of different vanlife trips around Scotlands North Coast, search campervanCornwall for that area etc.

CamperVanya is a nice channel to watch.

If you’d like some well curated print or digital written media to consume, you might also be interested in an Indie Magazine called Advanture Magazine. https://advanturemagazine.com/shop. I’ve been following it from the start and am now a contributor to the Taller articles that showcase campervan builds.

If you’d like some well curated print or digital written media to consume, you might also be interested in an Indie Magazine called Advanture Magazine. https://advanturemagazine.com/shop. I’ve been following it from the start and am now a contributor to the Taller articles that showcase campervan builds.
Plus Alex does a few YouTube bits too, always get emails from them.
Some adventures and some are reviews of products.

Plus 1 for livin the vanlife. Especially the earlier videos in the VW van. Also not technically van based but Simon a bloke in the woods. Quality. Calming and seems a really nice bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to other recommendations, we enjoy watching The Expawers. Nick and Sarah with Vinnie, an old Campervan, and their two dogs Charlie and Dizzy. Highly recommend their YT channel :)

Excellent non-cali vlog is Jits-into-the-sunset on YT which is chock-full of beautiful drone and high quality filming of some lovely locations both home and abroad. Watch out though, the couple are horribly young and attractive and disgustingly talented at presenting - truly envious of results. ;-)

Back