Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The happy, cheery, positive thread

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I feel quite depressed with all the public lambasting of VW by disgruntled cali owners, as deserved as it might be so...

I will get Albert back. I will go away again. I will have brilliant, happy, sometimes white knuckle times in a vehicle that for me has proved to be as rugged and tough as any could be, that has delivered brilliantly on driver comfort and always but always puts a smile on my face.

My next big happy smiley moment is going to be in September. WE are going on a booze cruise, cruising that is on Autoroutes. Loire Valley on a mega wine tasting - sightseeing - wine buying tour that no doubt as always will see myself and Albert having an unplanned adventure or three.

Thinking of that is putting a smile on my face. Where are you all going next to put a smile on your faces, or where can you recommend I point Albert towards?

Come on, let's smile ....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

plus one for that.
Perhaps take Albert to Germany to met his maker's

Bordeaux to meet family and booze and then Spain to...booze!

Finally some culture in Bilbao then home.
First trip after retirement...can't wait.:happy

Alan

Florence, next year, for my youngest's wedding. Last of 5. Then a few days in the Italian Lakes.

The Dordogne and the Ardeche in September down the Atlantic coast from Saint malo can't wait :thumb

The Dordogne and the Ardeche in September down the Atlantic coast from Saint malo can't wait :thumb

We may well bump into each other. I was thinking of extending to Bergerac.

We can wave to each other, will please lots, all the grumbles about Cali owners not waving :shocked

We may well bump into each other. I was thinking of extending to Bergerac.

We can wave to each other, will please lots, all the grumbles about Cali owners not waving :shocked

If the weather stayes good we leave the last week august and first week september along the French coast Normandie up to Mont Saint Michel....
I will look out for a mad GrannyJen in her Albert.
Where you not visiting Belgium also? Ieper?

Our daughter has just landed a job in Spain in Vilafranca a few miles west of Barcelona so the Cali will be heading off down there soon. Good base for the race circuits at Motorland and Montmelo. Really handy for us as it's only a few hours drive from our little place in the Pyrenees. :D
Look like we'll have to up the mileage on the insurance though.

Continuing our tour of the South coast, Devon. Off for two weeks this weekend.
Maybe you should treat Albert to a trailer if you are stocking up!

If the weather stayes good we leave the last week august and first week september along the French coast Normandie up to Mont Saint Michel....
I will look out for a mad GrannyJen in her Albert.
Where you not visiting Belgium also? Ieper?

I will be in Ieper for the 11th November, may be there in October.

Continuing our tour of the South coast, Devon. Off for two weeks this weekend.
Maybe you should treat Albert to a trailer if you are stocking up!

I'm not too sure about a trailer ... getting the kitchen and wardrobes out to make more room was difficult enough ...

Granny Jen,
Try Vouvray in the Loire Valley, they have a wine festival in late August I think?

John

Most definitely John :thumb

Florence, next year, for my youngest's wedding. Last of 5. Then a few days in the Italian Lakes.

I learnt to speak Italian in Firenze

I was actually on a language school at " La scuola linguistica per stranieri di Dante Aligheri........"

It was so boring that I booked myself into a cookery school to pass away the evenings .... I think it was called "cafe della greasa spoona"

I learnt more Italian at the cooking school than I did at the language institute........ mostly of the "not in mixed company" variety ......

Gershwin will be taking us to France in September....no fixed itinerary, except the Millau (?) Viaduct on the way south...probably mostly the coast down towards the Spanish border

Gershwin will be taking us to France in September....no fixed itinerary, except the Millau (?) Viaduct on the way south...probably mostly the coast down towards the Spanish border
albert - millau2.jpg

Albert enjoyed being at Millau.

His namesake, the Prince consort, would have appreciated the cutting edge engineering.

Albert and Gershwin could be twins.....keep your eyes peeled in France!

I feel quite depressed with all the public lambasting of VW by disgruntled cali owners, as deserved as it might be so...

I will get Albert back. I will go away again. I will have brilliant, happy, sometimes white knuckle times in a vehicle that for me has proved to be as rugged and tough as any could be, that has delivered brilliantly on driver comfort and always but always puts a smile on my face.

My next big happy smiley moment is going to be in September. WE are going on a booze cruise, cruising that is on Autoroutes. Loire Valley on a mega wine tasting - sightseeing - wine buying tour that no doubt as always will see myself and Albert having an unplanned adventure or three.

Thinking of that is putting a smile on my face. Where are you all going next to put a smile on your faces, or where can you recommend I point Albert towards?

Come on, let's smile ....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's the fantastic Green Man festival for us. Beautiful setting with beautiful people. Plus it'll be the first time we've attended with our Cali 'Foxy'. Can't wait :thumb

Angelsey in a few weeks. Back to the father land to walk and paddle in the sea :):)

Angelsey in a few weeks. Back to the father land to walk and paddle in the sea :):)

I love anglesey ...

Especially South stack on Holyhead Island,

The RSPB sanctuary and Craig Gogarth ... Albert's sort of country ....

Back