Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show

Welcome to camping 2022.
It’s gonna be dire…
Loch Ness is a tourist hotspot, if you stay away from the well known spots you will find space.
I think Loch Ness isn’t very nice compared to other lochs, think that’s why they made nessie up as no one would visit.

Show seemed very busy today and the sum total of my purchases was a bottle of toffee vodka and a small hamman towel.
Didn’t see anything that would persuade me to part with the Cali although was impressed with this.
Cross country trains a joke. Complete chaos. Never again!!!

8812EC00-42E5-4C9C-8278-88B8976F4548.jpeg

Seems quite reasonable in todays market…

Didn’t buy a thing, not even a coffee :)
We didn’t buy a coffee but did have a reasonable lunch. I think as Cali owners there is only so much we need or can find space for. Did buy a 50 second fire stick extinguisher, very light and compact. £10 off normal price at the show. And the 2022 Britstop book.

For other readers thought event well organised and good space. Retro caravans were for us the most interesting items. Oh and met Steve from campervantastic and mentioned his fame from YouTube bloggers California time and ABAB.

We looked at the fire extinguisher stick too but had never heard of it so were slightly sceptical. Do you know if there's any independent testing of it.

Saw it on line a few months ago and was very impressed. Yes much more expensive compared to normal co2 etc but for a compact no residue unit that cannot be accidentally set off I felt it was worth the investment Try you tube searches using FFS

Loch Ness is a tourist hotspot, if you stay away from the well known spots you will find space.
I think Loch Ness isn’t very nice compared to other lochs, think that’s why they made nessie up as no one would visit.
Indeed, many places away from hotspots like Loch Ness and Arisaig beach which seems to feature in many stunning social media videos which may leave some disappointed. There been a few changes at Arisaig to reduce road side camping / parking space,( earth banks)and main car parks have 2 metre barriers, ok for us.

Went to the NEC on Thursday, it was very busy which I expected. Didn't buy a thing, saw lots of very expensive conversions. Got bored about 3pm and left without spending a penny. Walked just over 12 miles and just felt a bit overwhelmed by the whole show. Probably wont camp much in UK this year and will probably chase the sun in Europe.

Saw it on line a few months ago and was very impressed. Yes much more expensive compared to normal co2 etc but for a compact no residue unit that cannot be accidentally set off I felt it was worth the investment Try you tube searches using FFS
I think you mean FSS - fire safety stick.

Searching FFS bring up some womens shaving products, maybe good at reducing shaving burn but not sure how good they'd be on a fire :D

FFS actually means "For F***s Sake"! Which were my exact word's when visiting the show for the 1st time on Sunday. Very, very busy and quite underwhelming in terms of things on show.

@itguy. Will and Sarah's show highlights
Review of the Vango mattresses would be great. We had a sea to summit but it kept deflating so sent it back. We like a really hard mattress so would be really interested in the 5cm one’s downstairs.

Thanks for the informative video, as usual.

Just back from the 2024 show .Mostly the usual suspects but one thing I was impressed by is the Dreamer City Camp conversion of the new Transit Custom .It is meant to be a multi purpose van and in many ways combines best features of Beach & Ocean . Twin sliders, 3 belted rear seat ( small but ok for kids) small side kitchen . No deliveries until early 2025 however I think .

Stand 1120 amongst other Rapido stuff.
Also gives good idea of T7 base vehicle and what would be on offer to converters assuming VW don’t rise to the challenge…

We looked at the fire extinguisher stick too but had never heard of it so were slightly sceptical. Do you know if there's any independent testing of it.
it's carried on some fire engines in some regions and is becoming popular in motorsport as a secondary extinguisher (but not MSUK approved yet) particularly within Rallying

Make a change for them from a sponsored promo of one thing or another.

Edit - just noticed this is 2022 so off to give myself a forum slap.
They have done 2024 great look at katus vans,
very enjoyable and saves going to show to see lots of the same each year

We visited the show Wednesday. Much better than the October show, as there seemed to be more small traders.
Pity the Dometic awnings were so poorly discounted. We would have bought one with accessories, if they had been anywhere near the prices that are offered by traders on eBay.

@Mrs Big John we also planned to buy a Fire Safety Stick, having read bout them on this forum. We didn’t, as I knew they’d offered a discount for club members, but people on stand show couldn’t tell me what it was and didn’t seem that interested. Unfortunately the search function wasn’t working on this site at the time, so I couldn’t check.

Back