Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Best Aires Guide ?

C

Calimark

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I will be using my Cali in France, Germany and hopefully Italy and will sometimes make use of the local Aires. Can anyone recommend the best Aires guide (in English) for France, Germany and Italy ?

Thanks
Mark.

Hi Mark,

From what I remember 'all the aires' books get very good reviews on the MH forums:

http://www.all-the-aires.com/

I think they range between £12-£18 per book but shop around online as they are sometimes discounted

Can I use an Aire with my caravan attached? AS now based in Germany we'll use the Cali for most weekends but drag the van for longer stays (more comfy with 3 dogs) but reckoned on using the Aires to rest up on longer transits.

Did notice as we came across from the Chunnel that every Aire on the way was heaving with lorries in France/Belgium/ Holland and Germany though hopefully that was down to the route we were taking being the most direct from Eastern Europe across europe to the channel ports.

Wouldn't those "Aires" be motorway ones; serviced or unserviced? You can stop in these when touring but; 1. you stand the risk of being broken into, dogs or not and 2. you wake up to the smell of urine and diesel.
I am led to believe that the "All the Aires" refers to the dedicated municipal and private stop overs for motorhomes. These tend to be either very cheap or free; the idea being you support the local economy.

Ah roger that and having seen the trucks, not a chance that we'd use them, Mrs G has already established that as a true fact!

Ho long for Colin?

Back