Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The beach and Caravan club:

it was for me lorries thundering past . hi speed motorbikes. really really noisy in a canvas top. was like being on that farm on the m62 from 6am onward.

I have never really noticed that road as being busy. It does go from nowhere to nowhere, if you call Thurso and Doomsday fast breeder nowhere. Having walked along it from the Dunnet head turn off to John O'Groats I would have noticed :)

However I take your point about road noise when sleeping upstairs. It is one of the reasons why I often choose to sleep downstairs, not an option when I have my dogs with me :D

My suggestion, if ever up that way again, is to park at John'o'Groats car park: not the big one but around the other side, by the tourist shops, just before the bus turn round. Very quiet, no noise at all, toilets open all night, water tap outside the craft shop and pub just up the road. The added benefit is it is free.

wish I new that. cheers. the rd goes to the most Northern point in Scotland and the local Thurso boy racers use it as do the bikers. I know it's not the sites fault but the noise is bad and not worth the money to drive out of there with red eyes in the morning. doesn't have to be a busy rd to keep you awake. a truck or bike every few minutes will do it

I do
I think your answer is in the name. Caravan & Motorhome CLUB and Camping & Caravan CLUB.
Basically a Club run by its members for its members and the site Wardens enforce the Rules which are determined and voted on by the Members.

If you don't like their rules/regulations etc: then you had better avoid them.

Back