Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The beach and Caravan club:

Mr & Mrs B

Mr & Mrs B

One Life, Live It
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I was at the site near Oban. I was allocated a corner pitch that was a bit "short" but quite wide. I explained my door was on the "continental" side and was told "park however you wish".

I did. I parked sideways :D
We've stayed on several CMC sites since we've had Cali and not had any problems about which way to pitch. Our last site was Start Bay and as we arrived late on a Friday evening there were only a couple of sloping pitches left. The Warden told us we could pitch forwards, backwards, sideways and anywhere between the peg and the end of the fence - making a huge area for us to find a levelish spot. There are good and bad at all sites - both Club and private,

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I had my first experience of the CMC on Sunday visiting my folks in their caravan with the beach. Some site near Chatsworth house. Very organised full to bursting with caravans but very quiet.

Extremely friendly staff, were happy to let us visit for the day for free, literally everyone i spoke to was saying hello and good afternoon. Smiles all round. The other residents were all friendly too. Pleasant experience

Rich20

Rich20

Living the dream
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
We have just come back from a commercial site in North Cornwall. I get that it is the summer holidays and kids want to play etc, but it was the adults that peed me off. They think it is acceptable to talk loudly in their awnings till the early hours or have Eastenders blaring out of the caravan with the door open. No staff or wardens around doing checks so had to put up with it. Total lack of manners and respect. Looking forward to staying on a disciplined site with wardens who care.

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I had the same thing with that site in york. What's your club number. I don't have one. oh sorry we are shut for refurbishment.

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I hate the caravan clubs..I stayed at Dunnet head and it was sing.charged us 35 quid to stay next to a 60mph road. clean toilets do not make a good camp

Last edited:
WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I hate the caravan clubs. what a bunch of ignorant arrogant sad ....hard not to swear.....I stayed at Dunnet head and it was poo.charged us 35 quid to stay next to a 60mph road. clean toilets do not make a good camp
As I am a member of both the main clubs I could take that personally, but I realise you have a problem and so I will ignore it and hope the therapy eventually works.:mute

leightonjthomas

leightonjthomas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We've stayed at many sites in England, Wales and Scotland and the huge majority of them have been excellent- welcoming staff, friendly neighbours and some great locations. And yes, at our age, we do appreciate clean toilets, hot water and feeling safe and comfortable at night. Generally speaking, apart from the occasional frustration or disappointment, you know what you're getting.

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
what a bunch of ignorant arrogant sad ....hard not to swear.....I stayed at Dunnet head and it was poo.charged us 35 quid to stay next to a 60mph road. clean toilets do not make a good camp

The 60 mile an hour road at Dunnet head was not an issue when we were at Dunnet site. As I am a happy member of both clubs I must be viewed by you as part of that bunch - so if you feel that way do not moan just use the type of site you are happy with.

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
it was for me lorries thundering past . hi speed motorbikes. really really noisy in a canvas top. was like being on that farm on the m62 from 6am onward.

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
it was for me lorries thundering past . hi speed motorbikes. really really noisy in a canvas top. was like being on that farm on the m62 from 6am onward.

I have never really noticed that road as being busy. It does go from nowhere to nowhere, if you call Thurso and Doomsday fast breeder nowhere. Having walked along it from the Dunnet head turn off to John O'Groats I would have noticed :)

However I take your point about road noise when sleeping upstairs. It is one of the reasons why I often choose to sleep downstairs, not an option when I have my dogs with me :D

My suggestion, if ever up that way again, is to park at John'o'Groats car park: not the big one but around the other side, by the tourist shops, just before the bus turn round. Very quiet, no noise at all, toilets open all night, water tap outside the craft shop and pub just up the road. The added benefit is it is free.

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
wish I new that. cheers. the rd goes to the most Northern point in Scotland and the local Thurso boy racers use it as do the bikers. I know it's not the sites fault but the noise is bad and not worth the money to drive out of there with red eyes in the morning. doesn't have to be a busy rd to keep you awake. a truck or bike every few minutes will do it

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I do
I think your answer is in the name. Caravan & Motorhome CLUB and Camping & Caravan CLUB.
Basically a Club run by its members for its members and the site Wardens enforce the Rules which are determined and voted on by the Members.

If you don't like their rules/regulations etc: then you had better avoid them.

VW California Club