Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Testing the circuit breaker

stanthecalivan

stanthecalivan

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I thought I'd post this on the forum, save anybody that doesn't know how RCDs work from having the same worry as I had.

So I'm packing Stan the Van up for a weekend trip away and I thought I'd better test the circuit breaker near the gas bottle to see if it is working safely. I'm pressing the button to test and nothing is happening.

In a bit of a flap, wondering if my electrics are knackered and I'm going to have to cancel the trip, I drive to Peterborough VW Commercial centre to ask them about it (not far from where I live), where I find out that the test feature only works if the electric hook-up is attached to the vehicle.

Wouldn't it have been possible for VW to state this in the manual, don't you think?

Anyway, now I know, and I thought I'd let you all know too.

Jerome

Really? I can't see it anywhere near the section of the manual that talks about where the circuit breaker is and how to test it... perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. Either way, I know how useful people find this forum (particularly naive noobies like me) and if it saves somebody else a trip to the dealer then perhaps my post is worthwhile.

Really? I can't see it anywhere near the section of the manual that talks about where the circuit breaker is and how to test it... perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. Either way, I know how useful people find this forum (particularly naive noobies like me) and if it saves somebody else a trip to the dealer then perhaps my post is worthwhile.

Sorry , the link did not came thru.....see my previos post:D

Ah now I see - sorry Hotel, I thought you meant the official VW manual. The thread you've linked to looks awesome, thank you so much for your help!!!

:)

Back