Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tesla more valuable than Volkswagen

a) no they don't b) the grid is greener every year
Zactly. People who over the last years have banged on about how renewables are an unworkable dead-end, for countless individual tendentious reasons, have been mugged by reality. The carbon intensity of the UK grid (per kWh of electricity supplied) has plummeted and although the decline will slow, in a few years will be very low.

1622025313288.png
Source: https://www.icax.co.uk/Grid_Carbon_...S predicted that the Grid,of what it is today.

Tesla make infinite range battery in conjunction with Honda…
Watch the shares at these two firms boom.

Not sure if anyone saw the Tesla AI day presentation.
They showed how their Autopilot/FSD works.

Oh and they also announced they are building the worlds most powerful supercomputer and a Tesla Robot !

Meanwhile... VW are still struggling to get the camper control unit working on the 6.1

teslabot.png

It would be great if he could empty and clean the portapotti, fold up the hook up cable, empty the grey water tank and possibly... run on diesel ! :D

@willwander... time to add another 0 to that market price comment
Taking steps to control raw materials will only make them stronger against other car manufacturers:

But upsetting the German Unions is never a good thing, be interesting to see the outcome:

$1trillion and still rising.
Tesla up, by more than the entire valuation of VW, in less than two days.

$1trillion and still rising.
Tesla up, by more than the entire valuation of VW, in less than two days.
the reason being Herz put an order for 100,000 Tesla vehicles. They are Model 3 rentals.
Let's assume because Herz are "clueless" when buying cars, that they overpaid and each Model 3 cost them 100k USD.
Lets also assume Tesla is so good it cost nothing , zero, to produce one of these cars, and they profit therefore 100k USD per each of the 100.000 cars sold to Herz.
Of course we assume they will pay zero taxes.
So shareholder in this overpositive scenario are 100.000 USD better off for each of the 100.000 cars sold to Herz. That is 100.000x100.000 = 10 Billion USD.
And the stock is up not by 10Bn but by 100Bn......

the reason being Herz put an order for 100,000 Tesla vehicles. They are Model 3 rentals.
Let's assume because Herz are "clueless" when buying cars, that they overpaid and each Model 3 cost them 100k USD.
Lets also assume Tesla is so good it cost nothing , zero, to produce one of these cars, and they profit therefore 100k USD per each of the 100.000 cars sold to Herz.
Of course we assume they will pay zero taxes.
So shareholder in this overpositive scenario are 100.000 USD better off for each of the 100.000 cars sold to Herz. That is 100.000x100.000 = 10 Billion USD.
And the stock is up not by 10Bn but by 100Bn......

The entire rental market in US < $100B

Seems some people celebrate Tesla having issues more than other auto makers. Anyone remember Diesel Gate?

Oops

Haha. But they could still use the keycard, but obviously without it they would have been stuffed! The cost of 2 replacement keycards is approx £30 so far cheaper than a conventional car key.

There was a 30min software update yesterday evening, which can only be carried out over WIFI when car is parked. The good thing is that they fixed the error (that they created!) over air without the need to take the car to a garage for an update.

There is also feature on the APP that allows you to unlock the car from any location (even a different country), which allows the car to be driven if Drive is selected within 2 mins, so handy if your partner should drop their IPhone in a puddle in the middle of nowhere or lose the keycard!

Haha. But they could still use the keycard, but obviously without it they would have been stuffed! The cost of 2 replacement keycards is approx £30 so far cheaper than a conventional car key.

There was a 30min software update yesterday evening, which can only be carried out over WIFI when car is parked. The good thing is that they fixed the error (that they created!) over air without the need to take the car to a garage for an update.

There is also feature on the APP that allows you to unlock the car from any location (even a different country), which allows the car to be driven if Drive is selected within 2 mins, so handy if your partner should drop their IPhone in a puddle in the middle of nowhere or lose the keycard!
yeah sure... but you can't do the "Door Test" in a Tesla..

But Why let the truth get in the way of a good story eh…

The ‘news’ IMO isn’t worth watching these days

Genuinely surprised…
So, on my recent trip to the Alps. A Tesla model S leaves the train/Eurotunnel same time as me.
He flies off, 2hrs later, passes me and another 2 hrs later passes me again. Roughly 3hrs later passes me again and that’s last I saw him around the Geneva area.

So factoring in, my driving average speed, 78MPH, and stops for coffee and toilets.
The Tesla with its stops/charging, reached Geneva at about the same time.

Build quality a-side.
That’s impressive…

Note, he was breaking the French speed limits.

So factoring in, my driving average speed, 78MPH, and stops for coffee and toilets.

Given it can charge 135 miles in 15mins, assuming he had some charge left when he left the channel tunnel & the top versions even at 80mph have approx 260 mile range he could have stopped 3 times for 15 mins & got there, his stops probably weren't much longer than yours.

He might of got there quicker by driving slower as his range would have been longer, but 45 mins of breaks over a 500 mile drive is not really slowing you down.

I think If I was him I would have tried to slipstream a vw california doing a decent speed!

Still impressive though.

Genuinely surprised…
So, on my recent trip to the Alps. A Tesla model S leaves the train/Eurotunnel same time as me.
He flies off, 2hrs later, passes me and another 2 hrs later passes me again. Roughly 3hrs later passes me again and that’s last I saw him around the Geneva area.

Build quality a-side.
That’s impressive…

well, if you had traveled at the same speed as he did, you would have clearly been there much earlier than him obviously...
In Germany it would have been even worse, because you can travel both faster, but he would have to recharge way more frequently..

well, if you had traveled at the same speed as he did, you would have clearly been there much earlier than him obviously...
In Germany it would have been even worse, because you can travel both faster, but he would have to recharge way more frequently..

Yes, however a loaded Cali sits nicely at 80, with legs for quick acceleration and overtaking when needed.
The model S in Germany could cover some serious ground against a California.
Just wonder how it would affect the Tesla’s range…?