Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tent and Shower Head and built in cupboard type 6?????

J

John Stevenson

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi peeps

Just been contacted by our dealer.

Good news that the van (Clive) is being built this week.

Bad news that we can't have the Tent and Shower Head attachment because some strange add on called
"built in cupboard type 6" was not put into the build specs and we are too far down the line to change the spec now.

Not a massive clanger, the dealer was apologetic and offered a free GARD-X treatment after I asked for a good will gesture.

He also offered for us to start the 20 week process again (No Thanks). Van will be with us early April.

Anyone else had this problem? And also any recommendations or thoughts on external shower attachments? Would we actually use it?

Hi peeps

Just been contacted by our dealer.

Good news that the van (Clive) is being built this week.

Bad news that we can't have the Tent and Shower Head attachment because some strange add on called
"built in cupboard type 6" was not put into the build specs and we are too far down the line to change the spec now.

Not a massive clanger, the dealer was apologetic and offered a free GARD-X treatment after I asked for a good will gesture.

He also offered for us to start the 20 week process again (No Thanks). Van will be with us early April.

Anyone else had this problem? And also any recommendations or thoughts on external shower attachments? Would we actually use it?
It's cold water. You have to fill the tank which only holds 30L.
Can retrofit a shower head if you really want one.
Or use this one, from the Forum shop, that fits on the sink tap. A lot cheaper than VW's version.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-shower-kit

Hi "noob" here, getting ready to order - I have the same question about the shower attachment, I can only see "dark wood" attachment for shower and as you say the "type 6 cupboard" which my dealer was not sure about - so do you think to get the shower attachment you order "type 6 cupboard"?

Hi "noob" here, getting ready to order - I have the same question about the shower attachment, I can only see "dark wood" attachment for shower and as you say the "type 6 cupboard" which my dealer was not sure about - so do you think to get the shower attachment you order "type 6 cupboard"?

Hi, you should check with the dealer. All I know is that the shower head and attachment were extras you need (not factory fitted) but you need 'type 6 cupboard' to attach it to which is factory fitted. Welcome to the murky world of the VW brochure.

We're now not worried about the shower attachment anyway. Small water tank and cold showers.

Good luck!

I have the shower. Option was Type 6 cuboard attachement. Great for mucky dogs, boots, sandy feet and when I go to festivals for an al fresco shower (in my trunks of course!) The option adapts the cupboard and includes the head.

I can't say I'll be using it often as a campsite shower replacement though!!

Brrrrrr :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for replies guys - I look forward to murky world of the VW brochure, :)

Back