Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Table rattle driving me to distraction

P

PaulnDi

VIP Member
Hi, the folding table in our SE has started rattling like mad when driving. I have repeatedly checked it is stowed correctly and the upper clip engaged but on a recent visit to the Sheffield Van Centre I realised that the lower black clip on the underside of the table has lost the lip on it so no longer engages against the leg. The guy there checked to see if the part is available but it appears that clip is not listed, every other component of the table appeared to be shown on the parts diagram.
Anybody had this problem or anybody have any suggestions for a fix? My solution at the moment is to wedge a j cloth around the leg as the rattling is so annoying! Not planning to replace the table anytime soon as the listed price is £360!!!
Thanks
Paul

I keep the side window night covers between the table and the bench/kitchen to avodi rattle

Anybody had this problem or anybody have any suggestions for a fix? My solution at the moment is to wedge a j cloth around the leg as the rattling is so annoying! Not planning to replace the table anytime soon as the listed price is £360!!!Paul

You could also try some Sugru it will bond to most anything and will help to dampen the sound. You might even be able to mold it similar to the lip. Very strong once it drys I've used it to replace the plastic fittings that broke off on a tumble dryer handle. You can get a variety of colors to match the part as well.

Hi, the folding table in our SE has started rattling like mad when driving. I have repeatedly checked it is stowed correctly and the upper clip engaged but on a recent visit to the Sheffield Van Centre I realised that the lower black clip on the underside of the table has lost the lip on it so no longer engages against the leg. The guy there checked to see if the part is available but it appears that clip is not listed, every other component of the table appeared to be shown on the parts diagram.
Anybody had this problem or anybody have any suggestions for a fix? My solution at the moment is to wedge a j cloth around the leg as the rattling is so annoying! Not planning to replace the table anytime soon as the listed price is £360!!!
Thanks
Paul
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl.../068/subcategory/68000/part_id/3707519/lang/e

Part 27-28-29. I think.

Scroll down for VW part numbers