Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

More than power, its about torque that comes with it I think. It's a very heavy vehicle, so the additional torque would make it a very different car at motorway speeds, climbing at altitude and towing. I would still end up buying a lower powered version for financial reasons, but if money were no object, a version with a bigger block and more torque and power would be handy IMO. How about a compromise: single turbo 3.0L with 250 bhp and a good dollop of extra torque. :D

The VAG group already have such an engine in the Audi SQ5, V6 diesel 340 ps and 700 Nm of torque. It carries the 2 tonne Q5 to 60 mph in less than 6 seconds. However IMO the Cali is no place for this amount of power.

Have talked about ordering a VW camper for 2.5 years, ever since I started doing dog agility and was immediately hooked. Ordered Cali Ocean (4WM / DSG) on 2nd Sept and asked for delivery early March. A couple of weeks later the dealer informed me build would be week commencing 11th Jan 2016. Part way through the week in question I got a message to say it's built and will be en route with expected arrival mid February, ready for 1st March...
WOW...... that's one BIG expensive dog kennel !!!!! That's exactly the same route we have taken. My wife has started booking lots of agility shows, my build date is mid Feb with end of march delivery and I could really do with it march 1st.
Have you had any thoughts on how to try and possibly keep it clean, some of these events can be quite messy. I think your choice of 4WM could be wise. Its amazing how expensive this dog agility can get.

You didn't drive much in Germany it seems )
No, you are quite right I haven't.
However aren't Calis made in Germany?
Therefore if greater aceleration and speed are needed to drive one in Germany, I am sure that VW would have been quick to provide a super sonic version for their home market.
IMO the Cali SE/Ocean at least, is the glorified modern day equivalent of the gypsy caravan and who's ever heard of one of those being pulled by a team of six horses.:thumb

Cali is simply built on a transporter platform. And top engines are designed mostly for Multivan's purposes as a major transporter's model.

I drive a lot in Germany and do no have a need for power or speed. In fact the best and safest speed there is up to 130km/h. Enough to overtake trucks and not too fast so one can easier avoid accidents. Most of the times there is too much traffic to go very fast and road blocks due to accidents happen quite often.

Well I drive there a lot and constantly there are situations with old lady going 60 in 1st lane and somebody 260 in other. :) Normally you are forced to go around 160 with a flow in a fast lane. I don't really like driving in Germany. You simply can't have a relaxing ride there even if you chose to go slow.

The following information circular has just been sent to California dealers from VW.

“Due to Californias having a 2nd stage build, you will need to allow an additional 5 weeks after the initial given production week for the vehicle to be completed”.

In addition to this, VW SMG have said you need to allow an extra 2-3 weeks for delivery to the dealer and then about a week for PDI, especially if you have dealer fit options.

So when you will get your new T6, is anyone’s guess!

We also planned to be ordering our T6 Ocean this week in time for summer but have been warned about the 5-7 weeks delays plus the factory in Germany closes for 8 weeks in July and August, I have been told if I order now delivery is most likely to be September or October which means we will miss the whole summer season. We may as well wait and order for next year now or buy a used T5.:(

Or hunt hard and fast for a demonstrator and prepare to be flexible on spec. :)

We also planned to be ordering our T6 Ocean this week in time for summer but have been warned about the 5-7 weeks delays plus the factory in Germany closes for 8 weeks in July and August, I have been told if I order now delivery is most likely to be September or October which means we will miss the whole summer season. We may as well wait and order for next year now or buy a used T5.:(

That's me looking for a job in Germany.

You and me both but I'm hoping this is wrong - I read on other threads about a 2 week shutdown in previous years. Unless this is some post-emissionsgate cost-saving plan.

That's me looking for a job in Germany.
The german car factory workers are really well paid and have very nice benefits as well, but two months of vacation in summer? Here in sweden all industries closes four weeks in july.

The following information circular has just been sent to California dealers from VW.

“Due to Californias having a 2nd stage build, you will need to allow an additional 5 weeks after the initial given production week for the vehicle to be completed”.

In addition to this, VW SMG have said you need to allow an extra 2-3 weeks for delivery to the dealer and then about a week for PDI, especially if you have dealer fit options.

So when you will get your new T6, is anyone’s guess!
It beats me why the dealers don't know this. Mine was supposed to be built Week 4 and is apparently showing as 'in production' but the dealer has no idea why it isn't showing a chassis number yet. The second stage build could be the reason. I guess that means there's no chance of my promised 1 March handover and Easter is looking dodgy :(

Anyone who has ordered a DSG is on for more sorrow as it has just been announced they have run out of stock of the gearbox, not only California but Multivan and Transporter.

Guess thats the downside of the Cali succes...

I received an update yesterday from the dealership and there has not been any delays for mine which was scheduled for build week 2. Are the reported delays very recent or option specific?

Got the below from my dealer today:

I have spoken to the Sales Office this morning and there is nothing about delays on California.

The latest production communication we have (Friday the 5th) is that the first available build week for California is 17 and that there are no restrictions regarding model or options etc which may cause a delay.

I hope there are no delays generally, or on the DSG, because mine should be getting build in two weeks!

Argh, I ordered in beginning of Januari, production of my car seems to be end of june. If I am lucky I get it in July.

Argh, I ordered in beginning of Januari, production of my car seems to be end of june. If I am lucky I get it in July.

I rejected mine & re-ordered at the start of January. I've been told June/July as well. The timing would seem consistent with yourself. Hopefully no further delays for you - or me!

I received an update yesterday from the dealership and there has not been any delays for mine which was scheduled for build week 2. Are the reported delays very recent or option specific?
Johnny, has your dealer confirmed that yours has been built yet? We are now in week 7 so I surely he should be able to confirm the build is complete. Mine is still showing on the system as confirmed for week 4 but all the dealer can tell me is that it is "in production" . He hasn't got a clue as to what that means.

Back