Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 vs T6.1

We have a t6.1 ocean and although there have been some teething issues (although nothing major) its a brilliant vehicle to cover miles in and camp in at the end.

ACC combined with dsg is incredible, literally zero problems with ours in the first 5000 miles, blind spot assist is so useful and im happy to eat my words on this as I wouldn't have specified it if if wasn't part of the standard ocean. Add to this virtual cockpit and it makes for a very modern / relaxing driving experience with the added bonus being we often approach 40mpg on runs. The only thing we have used is the self park feature but then the camera / radar is so good I just haven't had the need for it yet

When camping we can unlock the the van with our phone, the new CCU allows cool stuff like outside lights and stuff to be disabled so you don't annoy the campsite. Lounge function it very useful, the upstairs bed in now super comfy with the new base and the bellows are more practical in a thicker darker material.

I get that its just an evolution of the t6 and it still isn't perfect but I wouldn't write off the upgrades as minor if you look at the whole experience. That said I'm glad we got an my20 with the sport mode dsg and double sliding windows etc. etc.
Same here, love our 6.1
Slight irritation with WeConnect dropping functionality for MY21 vehicles but I can live with it.

Digital dash is a great improvement, sadly though it comes with the transporter dash.... but thats VW cost cutting !!

BUT the new electronic console is obviously where they have spent the money, when you look back at the old console from early T5 days it's a huge improvement and about time 15 years !!

Wooden floor options at last just for cleaning it so easily it is with the extra £400

Lighting LED under the units

New doors and fixations on the furniture

Front window blinds are still there though would of liked to see these replaced

All in all some great interior features, outside hasn't really changed but it's a stop gap for the T7 wether that will be electric or not...

Back