T6 tailgate = £2,000

hirsty

hirsty

Two Seat Beach DSG
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
After a fuss free 2,500 miler over the Alps to Tuscany & back last week I was 'a bit annoyed' to get reversed into 400-yards from my house last night ...

Was recommended to get a new steel tailgate panel with current ancillaries transferred over. Fortunately all on other guys insurance, so no excess or car hire to reclaim.

full

What was the drivers excuse? Didn't see you?:headbang

I'd assumed he'd parked up & left it in reverse, then started it up & the starter motor had pushed it back. He said no, had no idea you were there at all ...

About 3-mins later my girlfriend was walking past the back of the van, so I'm keeping it in perspective.

Glad everyone is OK and that it will quickly be sorted to your satisfaction. Just one thing - check the chairs in the tailgate are OK.

What a shame.... you must be gutted. I feel for you.

I know the feeling well
the door is a complete panel from VW not just a skin so all internal rust proofing is "as from the factory"

To close this one off my T6 was returned with a replacement tailgate & is good as new again since last Saturday. JCT600 in York could not have been more helpful & their work and customer service has all been perfect.

I know third-parties are controversial but I'm glad I took the Dealers advice to go through VW Ensurance (yes, insurance with an E) who coordinated everything for me - though I had to call LV myself - including an excellent Europcar Skoda Yeti DSG delivered & collected at Dealer to coordinate with my VW visits.

A drag to get run into in the first place, but it couldn't have gone any better from then on.