Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 rear washer pipe access

lifewithvandrew

lifewithvandrew

Vehicle
N/A
Hi,

I've a 2019 T6 conversion & have a leak on rear passenger side when I use the rear washer. I suspect it froze, and either has become disconnected or split.

I can see previous posts, but couldn't clarify exactly how to best access?

If anyone is able to assist I'd be very grateful.

Thanks Andrew

Hi,

I've a 2019 T6 conversion & have a leak on rear passenger side when I use the rear washer. I suspect it froze, and either has become disconnected or split.

Thanks Andrew
I could tell you for a California, but a Conversion may be different.
In a California, the water feed for the rear washer passes , to the rear behind a body trim panel from the top of the B pillar, to the C and finally D pillar and then through the Corrugated rubber gaiter into the rear tailgate. There is, I believe , a push fit connector around the D pillar/gaiter area.

Hi,

Thanks Andrew
Hi, I think you might have inadvertently added your postcode to your profile. You might want to change?

Hi, I think you might have inadvertently added your postcode to your profile. You might want to change?
It seems to have automatically added, do you know how to edit? I can't see in settings

It seems to have automatically added, do you know how to edit? I can't see in settings
Click on your Avatar picture at the top of the Page. Click on Account. Scroll to Location and type in what you wish.

Click on your Avatar picture at the top of the Page. Click on Account. Scroll to Location and type in what you wish.
Thanks, I was trying to do on my phone. Sorted now. Appreciate your help

Thanks, I was trying to do on my phone. Sorted now. Appreciate your help
I notice you've put in Cowbridge, might that be Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan?

Brilliant! let's keep in touch
:thumb
Most mornings, apart from Thursday, I'm sat outside Cafe Nero having my caffeine fix. If there is a blue e-bike propped against the Cafe Nero stand, I'm there. Normally 0830 to 1000 hrs.

Sounds like heaven, I'm still working unfortunately .. one day my wife will let me stop :)

:thumb
Most mornings, apart from Thursday, I'm sat outside Cafe Nero having my caffeine fix. If there is a blue e-bike propped against the Cafe Nero stand, I'm there. Normally 0830 to 1000 hrs.
Hi, having looked at. The conversion has bonded panels onto the roof etc. I know roughly where the leak is likely to be. Do you think it would make sense to try and run another pipe all the way through or just put up without using the rear washer?!

Hi, having looked at. The conversion has bonded panels onto the roof etc. I know roughly where the leak is likely to be. Do you think it would make sense to try and run another pipe all the way through or just put up without using the rear washer?!
Two thoughts spring to mind.
The feed pipe for rear washer passes through the corrugated rubber tube into the tailgate. There is a push fit connector on the body side top NS corner.
1. Running a new feed tube to the tailgate washer should be connected at that connector for a smooth transit into the tailgate.
2. What has happened to any washer fluid that has leaked out? I know in conversions, unlike the California, some converters use insulation etc behind body panels that could be retaining this fluid. Not a good idea.

Thanks, water was running through when I used/noticed & didn't when I stopped, so am hoping there's nothing left in there. I can see the feed through the tailgate, but wondered if "easy" to access somehow and reconnect with out damaging the roof?

Thanks, water was running through when I used/noticed & didn't when I stopped, so am hoping there's nothing left in there. I can see the feed through the tailgate, but wondered if "easy" to access somehow and reconnect with out damaging the roof?
This gives an indication of the connectors. Probably 21 - 22 have disconnected, close to the exit from body to corrugated rubber cover to tailgate.

Thanks, that's really helpful. Do you know whether it's possible/realistic to access via the tailgate or not? I don't know how much "play" there is if trying to pull the pipe

Thanks, that's really helpful. Do you know whether it's possible/realistic to access via the tailgate or not? I don't know how much "play" there is if trying to pull the pipe
I would have thought the disconnect/leak is the body side of the corrugated rubber tube. If the connection popped out due to pressure if the washer outlet was frozen the 2 ends will be close together . If it is 21/22 should just click into place.Can you release the top NS rear internal body panel, rather than the roof?

Thanks. I can't access the internal body panels as all bonded with the conversion. Happy to show you over a coffee one day if you had time?