Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 bike rack user instructions

Frank Mc

Frank Mc

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, my T6 bike rack was fitted by the main dealer but no protective tape was fitted to the paintwork, should I return the rack for this to be fitted? The tape is probably in the bin by now I'd imagine!! Also I didn't receive any user or fitting instructions for the rack and can't find anything online to help, can anyone advise where I could get a copy of the user instructions? Thanks in advance :thumb

Hi, my T6 bike rack was fitted by the main dealer but no protective tape was fitted to the paintwork, should I return the rack for this to be fitted? The tape is probably in the bin by now I'd imagine!! Also I didn't receive any user or fitting instructions for the rack and can't find anything online to help, can anyone advise where I could get a copy of the user instructions? Thanks in advance :thumb
Go back and raise it with them. I fitted the rack myself, it is easy to do. I put additional tape under the fixings as I had some 'bike shield' left over from my bike.

The rack comes with a torx security bit with a built in torque wrench, supposed to tighten bolts to 6nm. Did you get that off the dealership? Loosen the two bolts at the bottom of the rack and move the clamp metal bits off the lip of the tailgate and the whole thing should lift off.

I got some good 3m tape from here. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291957816366 0.5m was perfect to do the stickers with not a lot of waste

The rack comes with a torx security bit with a built in torque wrench, supposed to tighten bolts to 6nm. Did you get that off the dealership? Loosen the two bolts at the bottom of the rack and move the clamp metal bits off the lip of the tailgate and the whole thing should lift off.

I got some good 3m tape from here. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291957816366 0.5m was perfect to do the stickers with not a lot of waste
Hi David
I don't think I got a torx security bit from my dealer. Are the bolts unique to each rack or can the torx security bit be bought off ebay? (I'm not finding my dealer very efficient with loose ends so don't know if I would ever get it if requested.)

Hi David
I don't think I got a torx security bit from my dealer. Are the bolts unique to each rack or can the torx security bit be bought off ebay? (I'm not finding my dealer very efficient with loose ends so don't know if I would ever get it if requested.)
Any hardware store should do the torx bit

Here is the tool you need. I'd recommend you give the dealer a bit of stick if you don't get it, would make removing the rack a lot more tricky otherwise.

6c9a61c3a57c7bb9c5f1015b97f57b75.jpg
1a63dcd835e12915c3b6ec5f93833fd2.jpg

OK thanks - that's really useful info. Don't think I got one of those. As it took the dealer almost 2 months to supply the missing table and chairs (which he hadn't noticed) and still waiting for some mats I won't hold my breath....

OK thanks - that's really useful info. Don't think I got one of those. As it took the dealer almost 2 months to supply the missing table and chairs (which he hadn't noticed) and still waiting for some mats I won't hold my breath....
I have a torque wrench for my bike, used that to tighten the bolts as it is more accurate that the tool supplied

Thanks David, the tool was left in the glove box by the dealer in fairness but no user instructions and no protective tape left or fitted. It's really only the wheel wedges that I'm not sure about. They move if you force them but cant see a way of loosening them to slide freely. Surely these will slide off the rack after a bit of use? Or nicked by somebody missing one off their bike rack own haha...

Thanks David, the tool was left in the glove box by the dealer in fairness but no user instructions and no protective tape left or fitted. It's really only the wheel wedges that I'm not sure about. They move if you force them but cant see a way of loosening them to slide freely. Surely these will slide off the rack after a bit of use? Or nicked by somebody missing one off their bike rack own haha...

That would annoy me if they hadn't fitted it with protective stickers! They come in the bag with the tool..

Re the wheel chocks I think they're meant to be a friction fit otherwise they'd move around when not clamping a bike. I think pinching them might help (i.e. Pinch towards the centre of the channel and move) but they should move without too much force. Good point about someone being able to steal them though, hadn't considered that!

Morning David, yes stuff like that really irritates me, that's why I asked the main dealer to fit the rack, so it would be done correctly . That's for the tip with the chocks, I'll try that this evening, cheers