Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 with no problems

Very helpful. What is the diesel called you should use? Or should you just avoid supermarket diesel and all other diesel is good enough?

Evening all T6.1 Ocean and Beach owners. There’s lots of posts regarding various problems encountered on new vans which is obviously a concern to people waiting to take delivery and for people deliberating on whether to buy one. We rarely hear from members who have T6.1’s who are happy with their vans and who have had no problems. So, are you out there? Would be great to know how long you’ve enjoyed trouble free Cali 6.1 life.
Happy to report had my 6.1 since Mid-July and everything is working fine, to date it’s spent only two weeks on my drive, when family visited. one of our tours included 5 weeks in Scotland and we have experienced no problems at all. Great motor.

[QUOTE = "GrumpyGranddad, příspěvek: 466220, člen: 23705"]
Večer všichni majitelé oceánů a pláží T6.1. Na nových dodávkách je spousta příspěvků týkajících se různých problémů, což je zjevně problém pro lidi čekající na převzetí dodávky a pro lidi uvažující o tom, zda si jeden koupit. Zřídka slyšíme od členů, kteří mají T6.1, kteří jsou spokojeni se svými dodávkami a kteří nemají žádné problémy. Takže jsi tam venku? Bylo by skvělé vědět, jak dlouho si užíváte bezproblémový život Cali 6.1.
[/CITÁT]

No problem

Recently had the gearshift plate repaired on a T6.1 under 5000K km

Auto DSG 7 box, repaired under warranty the manual shift mode from 4 -6 wasn't possible, also this caused the software not to update according to the VW mechanic

I picked up my Cali 2 weeks ago (this is a MY2021) and I have pretty much tested out everything and I am very happy so far.
There are a couple of things you need to be aware of:

As stated, the handles on all the interior sliding doors need gently PUSHING before you try to slide the doors open. I have seen threads where the plastic latches have snapped (especially on hire Calis). I can see how this may happen if the handle is not pushed first.

If you put the the fridge on the Max setting (I did this just for testing) it will freeze drink cans at the bottom of the fridge and make them barrel shaped!! I now run on setting 2 which appears to be about 10 Deg C.

On MY2021 Cali's there is no longer a switch on the B pillar to override the internal alarm monitoring when the vehicle is locked using the key fob (useful for when there are dogs in the car or the windows are slightly open)
The internal monitoring override is now deep in the menu system of the infotainment system!
=> VEHICLE =>Vehicle Settings =>Opening and Closing=>Untick Interior Monitoring.

If you have a trailer connected or a lighting bar for a bike rack and the electrics are connected properly, the circuit is normally protected by the vehicle alarm system and the alarm will sound if the plug is pulled:)
However.... If the lights on the trailer or light board are LED lights (as in a lot of modern systems) then the alarm will not protect! also the trailer assist will not recognise a trailer is connected either!
This may be fixed by adding LED bulbs that have built in resistors or resistor circuits. I will try this at a later date.

There is also one supplied separate key fob for remote on/off of the auxiliary heater which is very useful. You need to make sure that the heater is set to HEAT and not CIRCULATE (default) on the main panel. Also be aware that the aux heater draws about 10A for a while on start up despite being a diesel heater (this is the heater fans and heater ignition.

So far "touch wood" the Cali has been great, comfortable and easy to drive :)

Not sure if this has been replied elsewhere, but the internal monitoring can be added to your favourites on the home screen of the navigation pro, so nice and easy to access then.
1614174372125.png

Back