Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 VW 30mm lowering springs ?

Also interested in seeing photos... often thought it was just the front that needs lowering..

i am also considering having my van lowered.

When I had the -30mm springs it brought the front down 40mm and the rear down 20mm. However it was level.

Have the springs in the garage if anyone wants to compare spring measurements

Mine was lowered 30mm and looks level to me.

29CAF1A6-3183-43C7-AF06-8881EFF4635D.jpeg

Can you post a photo of your van after the dealer has fitted the original springs on the rear?
We are due dealer fit 30mm lowering before we pick our new Cali up in three weeks time. It would be great to know if this works before letting them lower ours too.
Yes of course, a photo of the van with lowering springs all round is at the front of this post - indium grey one.....

Mine was lowered 30mm and looks level to me.

View attachment 74229
Yours does look more level than mine....??

Can you post a photo of your van after the dealer has fitted the original springs on the rear?
We are due dealer fit 30mm lowering before we pick our new Cali up in three weeks time. It would be great to know if this works before letting them lower ours too.
Yes of course....

Measure wheel centre to body line.
Front wheel arch is cut higher to allow suspension travel on full lock.
Agree - measure from the centre of the wheel to the crease in the bodywork just below the door handle. That crease is supposed to be level.

Agree - measure from the centre of the wheel to the crease in the bodywork just below the door handle. That crease is supposed to be level.
What I don't understand is that people look at a static vehicle, at rest, and go one about the aesthetics not taking account of the fact that there will normally be 2 front passengers + luggage to add to the load, thus compressing the suspension further and then on top of that heavy Braking from any speed will produce a significant compression of the front suspension and nose dip. Combine this with a possible evasive steering movement that moves the front wheels out of alignment with the body, then you have to have a higher wheel arch to accommodate this situation.
Alternatively is to have both wheel arches cut higher or a very, very stiff front suspension.
The Transporter comes in many variations from load lugger to people carriers and so has to cope with a wide variation of suspension characteristics and requirements.

That's why I don't understand why the rear is lower even when empty - it just doesn't look lower - it is lower. Eibach have confirmed in their email to me that the California leaves the factory with a rear rake bias and that the lowering springs acentuate this bias. This is why they have obtained TUV accreditation to leave the rear original springs which results in a level bias.

With respect to anyones views, Eibach are a hugely respected German engineering company and have obviously spent considerable time and money looking at this issue. I am minded to follow the experts adice on such technical matters.

That's why I don't understand why the rear is lower even when empty - it just doesn't look lower - it is lower. Eibach have confirmed in their email to me that the California leaves the factory with a rear rake bias and that the lowering springs acentuate this bias. This is why they have obtained TUV accreditation to leave the rear original springs which results in a level bias.

With respect to anyones views, Eibach are a hugely respected German engineering company and have obviously spent considerable time and money looking at this issue. I am minded to follow the experts adice on such technical matters.
So Eibach have got it right and VW have got it wrong!
I presume VW also have TUV approval.

Aren’t both right?
If you buy a transporter panel van it sits nose down when empty.
If you put 500kg of camping equipment in the same van it would sit flat like a cali
If you then put another 500kg it would sit tail down like a fully loaded Cali. All would be within spec.
So when people don’t like the way a Cali “looks”like it sags at the back and alter the stance to look more like an empty panel van it’s all good because it will still be within tolerance.

Thats about right and given how useless VW are I'm not surprised. VW don't need TUV approval, it's the supplier who obtains the TUV certification.
So useless you bought one.:thumb

California so good I bought one despite the useless and incompetent VW dealers and Customer Services I have had the misfortune to come across

Anyone got an update on this??

Anyone got an update on this??
Nearly, he had an update but it was deleted, i think he
changed the rear back to the original springs and kept
the front eibach. An email from eibach or vw was involved.

He has since cancelled his subs due to the thread lockdowns i think.