Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 two tone colours

That’s lovely and exactly what we wanted - not the 3 choices online for nearly 3k extra !!!!!

What did this cost you to do? We ordered. CAndy white as couldn’t agree in a nor a colour, the kids hate us as every car we have now is white !!!! VW are now charging on the Cali for Candy white as now people are wrapping instead. If they offered more choice for factory order rather than just the 3 I think we would have gone for one and said “sod it, it’s a 70k plus van what’s another 3k !” However as we are limited here compared to European choices, wrapping g will be our decision also in time.
Our wrap is costing just over £1000 - haven't had it done yet but previous customers are very happy

Thought I should post photos of our newly wrapped Ocean - we had a Candy White Ocean delivered last week and had it wrapped this week - we are really please with the results (excuse the boring locations - much better locations to come in the future I hope).1610729142897.jpeg1610729164567.jpeg
1610729164567.jpeg

Very nice indeed. I assume that they fitted the wrap around the chrome pack?
First time I’ve seen the chrome pack and liked it. Looks great on the two tone

Very nice indeed. I assume that they fitted the wrap around the chrome pack?
They took the chrome pack off to do the wrap - they also added PPF to the whole of the front and the wing mirrors - it looks really good in bright light (but not enough of that around at the moment!) We are hoping to get the stainless steel side tubes too...

Which country did you order a pure grey coast from? Is it a no cost option?
Netherlands. Yes, no cost paint, specially for the Coast Editions model. Standard colour on Transporter

Hi @Borris,

Your chrome upgrades look fab and helped me decide on the chrome lower bumper strip for my Starlight Blue T6. Can I ask if you have a head-on photo of the tailgate with the chrome? I can’t decide if I should go for the strip on the tailgate or change my bumper protector for a chrome option instead. Not sure from your photo if you have both... Struggling to find pictures of the tailgate with chrome on a starlight blue base.

No worries if you don’t have a photo, just thought I’d ask.

Many thanks,

Kate

Hi @Borris,

Your chrome upgrades look fab and helped me decide on the chrome lower bumper strip for my Starlight Blue T6. Can I ask if you have a head-on photo of the tailgate with the chrome? I can’t decide if I should go for the strip on the tailgate or change my bumper protector for a chrome option instead. Not sure from your photo if you have both... Struggling to find pictures of the tailgate with chrome on a starlight blue base.

No worries if you don’t have a photo, just thought I’d ask.

Many thanks,

Kate
Hello Kate,
Here are some photos of my van's tailgate as requested. It features the genuine VW chrome pack bar running across the bottom of the tailgate and a stainless steel bumper protector. I had a black plactic one on my last Beach and that turned light grey over time.
20190903_075801.jpg20191109_110755.jpgThese two collages are of a van I found advertised online. I messed around with the photos to see which version I preferred. You might find them useful.

20190903_075838.jpg
Sorry Kate, I've made a right fluff of the photos. They are in the wrong order. Finger trouble I'm afraid!

Last edited:
Hello Kate,
Here are some photos of my van's tailgate as requested. It features the genuine VW chrome pack bar running across the bottom and a stainless steel bumper protector. I had a black plactic one on my last Beach and that turned light grey over time.
View attachment 75588View attachment 75590These two collages are of a van I found advertised online. I messed around with them to see which version I preferred. You might find them useful.

View attachment 75589
Sorry Kate, I've made a right fluff of the photos. They are in the wrong order. Finger trouble I'm afraid!
@Borris, You're a star! Thank you so much for the photos; that's just what I needed to see. Think I will go for the tailgate strip first and then replace my bumper protector when it fades....or my husband might have a fit!

So I've read the Chrome Pack threads again because there was so much debate about whether they were chromed plastic or not, and to be honest I'm still not 100% sure what the outcome was, because people seem to contradict each other. What I've gathered however is that you definitely have the pieces that are in the 'chrome pack' and not the aftermarket option that isn't as good. For the lower front bumper, I've definitely bought the same part numbers as you (thanks so much for listing them) but mine definitely feel/sound like 'chromed plastic' but I might be wrong. Is it the same for the chrome pack piece for the tailgate and sides?

Am I also correct to presume that the VW chrome protector strip for the tailgate (I believe the part number is 7E0071360) is not the same as the one in the chrome pack, as that part number is not on your list?

Sorry for the twenty questions!

@Borris, You're a star! Thank you so much for the photos; that's just what I needed to see. Think I will go for the tailgate strip first and then replace my bumper protector when it fades....or my husband might have a fit!

So I've read the Chrome Pack threads again because there was so much debate about whether they were chromed plastic or not, and to be honest I'm still not 100% sure what the outcome was, because people seem to contradict each other. What I've gathered however is that you definitely have the pieces that are in the 'chrome pack' and not the aftermarket option that isn't as good. For the lower front bumper, I've definitely bought the same part numbers as you (thanks so much for listing them) but mine definitely feel/sound like 'chromed plastic' but I might be wrong. Is it the same for the chrome pack piece for the tailgate and sides?

Am I also correct to presume that the VW chrome protector strip for the tailgate (I believe the part number is 7E0071360) is not the same as the one in the chrome pack, as that part number is not on your list?

Sorry for the twenty questions!
Hello Kate,
I don't know what the chrome pack items are made of but I can tell you that they are well made, quality items. I suspect that the side and rear strips are polished stainless steel on a self adhesive plastic background.

All of the trim items that I used where sourced from our dealer's parts department. I just asked the chap to give me all the genuine VW Chrome pack parts. I also studied the factory fitted chrome pack fitted to one of their showroom Calis and the parts that I received were all "The Real McCoy".

They aren't difficult to fit but you do need to prepare the surface well beforehand and be very meticulous when fitting. Send me a PM when you are ready and I'll give you my telephone number. It might help if I describe the process that I was advised to use. I wrote a great long missive on fitting them some time ago which may also help. Post #37 of the following thread refers:

I hope that helps.

Good luck,
Paul

Last edited:
Hello Kate,
I don't know what the chrome pack items are made of but I can tell you that they are well made, quality items. I suspect that the side and rear strips are polished stainless steel on a self adhesive plastic background.

All of the trim items that I used where sourced from our dealer's parts department. I just asked the chap to give me all the genuine VW Chrome pack parts. I also studied the factory fitted chrome pack fitted to one of their showroom Calis and the parts that I received were all "The Real McCoy".

They aren't difficult to fit but you do need to prepare the surface well beforehand and be very meticulous when fitting. Send me a PM when you are ready and I'll give you my telephone number. It might help if I describe the process that I was advised to use. I wrote a great long missive on fitting them some time ago which may also help. Post #37 of the following thread refers:

I hope that helps.

Good luck,
Paul
Thank you Paul. I've read your very informative posts but not done anymore than fit clip-on accessories or those with basic 3M tape before, so that would be great.

Thought I should post photos of our newly wrapped Ocean - we had a Candy White Ocean delivered last week and had it wrapped this week - we are really please with the results (excuse the boring locations - much better locations to come in the future I hope).View attachment 71961View attachment 71962
View attachment 71962

Looks fab
Look out for us and give us a wave 2019 red and white California Ocean also north Colchester (not many of us about) :):thumb

Hello Kate,
Here are some photos of my van's tailgate as requested. It features the genuine VW chrome pack bar running across the bottom of the tailgate and a stainless steel bumper protector. I had a black plactic one on my last Beach and that turned light grey over time.
View attachment 75588View attachment 75590These two collages are of a van I found advertised online. I messed around with the photos to see which version I preferred. You might find them useful.

View attachment 75589
Hi Borris.
Like you I found the stick on black bumper protector deteriorates quite badly, turning a mottled grey finish. So was thinking of getting a stainless steel one. Please would you mind and saying where you got yours from, how much it was, and did you fit it yourself? Thanks.

Hi Borris.
Like you I found the stick on black bumper protector deteriorates quite badly, turning a mottled grey finish. So was thinking of getting a stainless steel one. Please would you mind and saying where you got yours from, how much it was, and did you fit it yourself? Thanks.
I've been quoted £70 to have paint protection film (ppf) applied. to the bumper. This is the self-healing (with warmth) stuff they put on the front end of swanky motors like Ferraris and Californias. I don't know how it'll stand up to loading scrapes and bashes, but will update when I do.

Hi Borris.
:thumbThumbs up for a stainless steel version. Works well with the chrome pack in my opinion. Especially on a two tone van :cool:
I got mine from Vanstyle, easy enough to fit, although preferably a two person job to get it lined up accurately. https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/tailgate-polished-rear-bumper-protector-p-5532.html

2D3A96BC-350A-412E-A2BE-ED69C4054EFF.jpeg

Looks fab
Look out for us and give us a wave 2019 red and white California Ocean also north Colchester (not many of us about) :):thumb
Will look out for you as well, we also live in Essex, give us a wave if you see a two tone white & bay leaf green Cali - might be us!

:thumbThumbs up for a stainless steel version. Works well with the chrome pack in my opinion. Especially on a two tone van :cool:
I got mine from Vanstyle, easy enough to fit, although preferably a two person job to get it lined up accurately. https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/tailgate-polished-rear-bumper-protector-p-5532.html

View attachment 75629
Like this, will order one of these, had one on our previous Yeti which worked really well!

Hi Borris.
Hello Susibus,
Have a word with Chris in the Parts Dept at SMG Tonbridge. I believe they are your dealer as well as I think I've seen your van there before. Chris sorted out all the chrome pack parts and the bumper protector and gave me 10% off everything. So don't forget to ask him for discount. You can quote me (Paul) if you like as he should remember me. I was the chap whose debit card went on strike when I tried to pay for everything over the phone whilst waiting to catch a flight at Gatwick. The whole process went bandy and he just said, "I'll order the parts, sort it out when you get back".
He is a very nice chap and very helpful.

Sorry, I can't remember how much is was. It is self adhesive so I just gave the bumper a thorough clean and first fitted it dry, marking the bumper with masking tape to get the position correct. Then remove the protective film from the sticky pads and carefully stick down.

Good luck.

Hello Susibus,
Have a word with Chris in the Parts Dept at SMG Tonbridge. I believe they are your dealer as well as I think I've seen your van there before. Chris sorted out all the chrome pack parts and the bumper protector and gave me 10% off everything. So don't forget to ask him for discount. You can quote me (Paul) if you like as he should remember me. I was the chap whose debit card went on strike when I tried to pay for everything over the phone whilst waiting to catch a flight at Gatwick. The whole process went bandy and he just said, "I'll order the parts, sort it out when you get back".
He is a very nice chap and very helpful.

Sorry, I can't remember how much is was. It is self adhesive so I just gave the bumper a thorough clean and first fitted it dry, marking the bumper with masking tape to get the position correct. Then remove the protective film from the sticky pads and carefully stick down.

Good luck.
When I enquired at Breeze for the VW version I was told it was no longer available which is why I went to Vanstyle. From the photos of yours they look remarkably similar. Very good advice on the fitting procedure:thumb

Back