Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 two tone colours

I may look into this. Is it just £500 for a top wrap
Up?
Ah yes I hadn’t factored in what you are paying for metallic paint anyway. Understand a half-wrap is about £1000 - so you’d still be c£1000 in pocket. Most who do it though wrap the bottom half of a white van, which protects against stone chips, and is cheaper initially. These guys have been recommended and could quote you.

Yes, I realised after ordering that I could wrap up the bottom part to get a two tone but to do that I should have gone for a white one. We were already given a build week so did not want to change the colour in case it would delay the production. I love bay leaf green so I may be just happy to leave it this way. But will get a quote just to check the cost. Thanks!

Yes, I realised after ordering that I could wrap up the bottom part to get a two tone but to do that I should have gone for a white one. We were already given a build week so did not want to change the colour in case it would delay the production. I love bay leaf green so I may be just happy to leave it this way. But will get a quote just to check the cost. Thanks!
Be good to know - I've never heard a quote for the top half

Just get the top half wrapped white? It is the price of the genuine VW "Ocean" stickers that might stop you, they are £60 each i believe!!!

Are all the wrap examples maybe part of VW decision to start charging for white vans?

W
Are all the wrap examples maybe part of VW decision to start charging for white vans?
Seems unreasonable to charge, given white is free on a Transporter... sad if theyre charging just because they can, but the wraps are a great alternative to extortionate £2800 for two-tone

Just get the top half wrapped white? It is the price of the genuine VW "Ocean" stickers that might stop you, they are £60 each i believe!!!
I will wait till I get it..I am hoping I will like Bay Leaf Green so much that I will not even think about covering it in white :thumb

Correct!

Just got this little beauty back from the amazing guys at Monster Wraps in Hedge End. Fortuna Red and top half wrapped in Reflex Silver (well as near as we could). This combo is actually available from VW, just not available to UK customers. Highly recommend Monster Wraps, I have used them several times now. Always get great service and a fantastic outcome.

View attachment 70049

View attachment 70050

View attachment 70051
That look great. This colour combo is available on the continental but the vw UK decided we would not like it.

Hi - could someone with a factory painted two-tone van let me know how the colour is described on your V5 please? We are wrapping the lower half of our candy white Ocean with a dark blue metallic and obviously need to get this right for insurance purposes etc. Thank you :)

Hi - could someone with a factory painted two-tone van let me know how the colour is described on your V5 please? We are wrapping the lower half of our candy white Ocean with a dark blue metallic and obviously need to get this right for insurance purposes etc. Thank you :)
I have a Candy White/Copper Bronze 6.1, on the V5 it just says Bronze.

Hi, I have just checked for my 2 tone van registered at the end of November. The colour is described as GREEN. No mention of two tone at all

We have a factory duo colour, Starlight blue over Candy White. The V5 says it's blue.

A two-tone is about 50/50 colour split, so as much white as it is any other colour. Also neither being a standard VW Califonia colour.
So are VW submitting the wrong information to DVLA, or are DVLA entering wrong information on the V5?

A two-tone is about 50/50 colour split, so as much white as it is any other colour. Also neither being a standard VW Califonia colour.
So are VW submitting the wrong information to DVLA, or are DVLA entering wrong information on the V5?
They all start out as 100% Candy White. The lower colour is applied later. So they are much more white than they are blue, green, red etc etc. Why doesn't the V5 say white/blue or white/red?

It is all a bit confusing - as we actually have to change our V5 when we have the bottom half wrapped, I think we will say white/blue and leave it there!

We have a factory duo colour, Starlight blue over Candy White. The V5 says it's blue.
Do you have any pictures of your van to help us make the right choice of blue - would be great to see it if you don't mind! Thanks :)

The image of the red an silver looks very nice. £2500 extra for two tone? Seems a lot for something that could be marmite in a year or two (A van colour is for life not just for Christmas) FYI get it wrong and you could pay for it twice, residual values are strongly affexby colour, Glasses guilds and Cap agree.

Wow - thanks - that looks great - just the look we are after. Our van arrives tomorrow and we already have it booked in at Funkee Fish for its dark blue metallic wrap - if it looks as good as that I will be very pleased! We've also gone for the chrome pack - but what are the extra chrome bits at the bottom of each side panel - those looks good too!

That’s lovely and exactly what we wanted - not the 3 choices online for nearly 3k extra !!!!!

What did this cost you to do? We ordered. CAndy white as couldn’t agree in a nor a colour, the kids hate us as every car we have now is white !!!! VW are now charging on the Cali for Candy white as now people are wrapping instead. If they offered more choice for factory order rather than just the 3 I think we would have gone for one and said “sod it, it’s a 70k plus van what’s another 3k !” However as we are limited here compared to European choices, wrapping g will be our decision also in time.

Wow - thanks - that looks great - just the look we are after. Our van arrives tomorrow and we already have it booked in at Funkee Fish for its dark blue metallic wrap - if it looks as good as that I will be very pleased! We've also gone for the chrome pack - but what are the extra chrome bits at the bottom of each side panel - those looks good too!
The chrome you see is the complete VW chrome pack option although I had to purchased as individual part numbers and self fit due to that option not being available on the T6 Beach. The chrome at sill level are the genuine VW stainless steel side pipes. They are the old style ones (still available), that have a circular cross section. I don't like the newer trapezoidal ones.

What did this cost you to do? We ordered. CAndy white as couldn’t agree in a nor a colour, the kids hate us as every car we have now is white !!!! VW are now charging on the Cali for Candy white as now people are wrapping instead. If they offered more choice for factory order rather than just the 3 I think we would have gone for one and said “sod it, it’s a 70k plus van what’s another 3k !” However as we are limited here compared to European choices, wrapping g will be our decision also in time.
It was the factory duo colour option which TBH was very pricy. Sorry I can't remember exactly how much but well north of £2k from memory. Mrs B and I would have preferred the same colour as our previous Beach. That was the gorgeous Acapulco metallic sky blue. However, we had devolved the job of choosing the colour scheme to our three local grandchildren to give them a sense of ownership. If we can shake off covid, they will be spending a lot if time in the van and it was purchased partly with them in mind. So after a poll we ended up with this duo colour scheme.

I agreed with you about the poor colour choice. Considering these vehicles are supposed to be leisure vehicles VW could try a little harder. I don't like any of the T6-1 duo colour schemes not that there are many. The rest of the colours in the Cali range are tired and unimaginative verging on drab.

Back