Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 two tone colours

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
What do people think of the two tone colours for the T6.1 in the UK. Think most people have seen the Copper Bronze colour used for most of the launch material. What the Ascot Grey and Bay Leaf Green. Think the Bay Leaf Green is going for the retro look (past T2 colour)?

Green.jpg

Grey.jpg

T2.jpg

Look on the German VW website and a much wider range of two tones. Don't understand why not available in the UK.

I'm not a fan of the 2 tones, particularly the ones where they are trying to imitate the T2s. The green one does looks good though.....I’m assuming it’s metallic?
I think it's like the current vogue to make extensions to period houses 'obviously modern' (think glass box) rather than 'fake' the old look.

Last edited:
Good evening,

In general I think the two tone colour Californias look great (almost in any colour combination).

I would have two reasons not to go for it (if I would be on the marked to buy, not just dreaming).

1.) The vehicle in two tone colour looks so good that it does draw too much attention. The California gets a lot of attention anyway. The new design (yes I love it) and the two tone colour makes it even more outstanding.

2.) Another reason I wouldn't go for the two tone colour design is the price. I can't remember exactly at the moment, but I belive it was far over EUR 3000.00. That is an eye watering price.

Regards,
Eberhard

Look on the German VW website and a much wider range of two tones. Don't understand why not available in the UK.

This.

There are some lovely combinations available in Germany, but whilst I like 2 of the 3 two-tone options available in the UK, I don’t like them enough to include it in my fantasy configuration. I’d consider doing a wrap instead.

Middle one is washed out. Not a colour scheme that I would go for. Green I would need to see it in the flesh.

I would wrap it if I won it in a raffle. Probably go for a citrus green or orange bottom half. Black wheels a must

What do people think of the two tone colours for the T6.1 in the UK. Think most people have seen the Copper Bronze colour used for most of the launch material. What the Ascot Grey and Bay Leaf Green. Think the Bay Leaf Green is going for the retro look (past T2 colour)?

View attachment 54353

View attachment 54354

View attachment 54355
We have a duo colour T6 which looks great. The reason we chose that was...........well actually it wasn't us that chose it. That decision was down to our grandchildren. We'd have preferred another van in Acapulco Blue. However, I do think that the duo colour vans do look nice for two reasons:
1. They definitely look more like a leisure vehicle.
2. The California is quite short and dumpy. The duo colour gives the impression that the van is longer than it really is. This is quite noticeable if compared to one in a darker solid colour. With the duo colour, the shallower band of darker colour on the lower section is responsible for this illusion.

As for the UK T6-1 duo colour choices, well that comes down to personal taste I suppose. I like the green and white combo above. I'm not certain about the light grey and white at the moment. The Bronze and white offering definitely does not float my boat. In fact I think that could be a difficult colour to shift in a year or two.
My only other comment is that VW haven't exactly gone mad with either the choice or range of duo colour options. They could probably have won many more customers if they had been more bold in their choice of colours. Instead they have reduced the choice.

That'll make it interesting for the Conversion companies if also present on the Non-California versions.
Looking at Sunstoner’s picture above, it looks like it is. So yes, it would make it interesting indeed!

Last edited:
Why don't VW offer them in military-style camouflage for wild-stealth camping. May well go for that.

Can ask what are the alloy wheels, are they 'Discus' we ordering a tow tone in Bay Leaf Green and think the wheels you have would look brilliant. Don't know where or how you can order them, info greatly received? At present we have the 'Davenport' wheels, don't like the choice the UK market have compared to Europe :(
Hi..sorry for tlate reply.
They are called Disc Alloys and were originally brought in to the UK as part of the spec. for the Limited Edition red and white Transporter. Dealer parts department were very awkward for ordering them from Germany without a Transporter chassis number.
Had difficulty getting them but eventually managed through a VW Commercial dealer as a favour.
This difficulty may or may not have changed
They are expensive and are 18" not the standard 17" so you need a full set of new tyres as well.
Also, because they are 18" you cannot fit a spare of that size in the spare wheel carrier that is under the rear of the Camper.
I was very keen on achieving a Retro look for my Camper and love them but you might find the cost and risk too much.
Hope this helps. :)

Back