Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 fuse diagram

O

oliver100

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
My discover media esim has suddenly stopped connecting and wont update we connect or connect to any online services (the globe is just grey)

VW have been bloody useless as always and I wondered if anyone had a fuse diagram as I know on the passat forum they recommend pulling the fuse for the OCU module (fuse 17 on there) to reset the esim module

Mine was in the same situation and I managed to lock it completely after deleting the user profile, it got stuck in loading user profile forever. The dealer hot-fixed it by unplugging the battery for some seconds, although I don't recommend it because a lot of errors and warnings appear in the dashboard afterwards and you need to drive a while until everything gets back to normal by itself. After the "hard" reset the globe became white again.

Next week they called me to install a software update (for the module where the eSIM is I think) and I haven't had a problem since then.

I have to wait a month for a dealer visits, so was hoping to try an ocu module reset. Like you say disconnecting the battery will also work but that’s got a bit more risk involved! It annoys me that they don’t publish a fuse diagram, what a joke

thanks for this, sorry if I’m being special but is this suggesting fuse 32 and 52?

thanks for this, sorry if I’m being special but is this suggesting fuse 32 and 52?
Sorry I mean 32 and 53!

Just had this through from VW, wondering if it could be related!

System update of mobile online services for your Volkswagen​
Dear Mr Hewitt,

Your satisfaction is always our top priority. Part of maintaining our standards involves performing regular system updates for mobile online services. This usually happens in the background.

However, we will require your assistance following the system update that will take place on 8 October 2020 between 00:01 a.m. and 04:00 a.m. (CEST). The next time your Volkswagen is started after the update, communication will need to be re-established between your vehicle and our systems.

To do this, the relevant profile for the primary and secondary user must be selected in the vehicle’s infotainment system depending on the driver, and the correct S-PIN must be entered. If you are the primary user and will be unable to access your vehicle for a prolonged period, please inform a secondary user about the steps that need to be performed after the system update. We have provided detailed instructions for this below.

Please be aware that after the time window for the planned system update mentioned above, various mobile online services will not function until you start your vehicle again. During this period, you will not receive any notifications from your vehicle in the We Connect app, in the We Connect web portal or by email and will not be able to send any commands to your vehicle through the We Connect app or from the We Connect web portal.

The following services are affected: ‘Lock & Unlock’; ‘Horn & Turn Signals’; ‘Parking Position’; ‘Vehicle Health Report’; ‘Vehicle Status’; ‘Online Auxiliary Heater’; ‘Online Anti-Theft Alarm’; ‘Speed Alert’; ‘Area Alert’.

Please note in particular that no notifications from the ‘Online Anti-Theft Alarm’ service can be received during this period. The anti-theft alarm system will still trigger as usual in the event of an attempted theft, but you will not be informed of this by a notification in your We Connect app or in the We Connect web portal.

For this reason, please try to minimise the time between the system update and restarting your vehicle (do so within 24 hours if possible) in order re-enable communication between your vehicle and our systems as soon as possible.

We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Please proceed as follows the next time you start your vehicle after the system update:

1. First switch on your vehicle’s ignition. If your vehicle is unable to connect to the Internet at its present location, please move your vehicle to somewhere where it can establish a connection. Communication between our systems and your vehicle can only be established when there is an Internet connection.

2. Next, please select your profile as primary or secondary user from the available user profiles.

Please note: If you do not actively select the primary or secondary user from your user profiles, the guest user profile will be selected and your vehicle will be in ‘Maximum privacy’ mode. There can be no data connection between the vehicle and the data server in this mode. This means that the functionality of various services is also restricted. The current vehicle status is also not shown in the We Connect web portal or We Connect app.

3. If you are asked to do so, please enter your four-digit S-PIN. Once you have entered your S-PIN, you may then be asked to enter your username and password. Please enter these if asked to do so. Once you have entered all of your details and your user profile is successfully accepted, please check whether the globe in your infotainment system turns white. This means that your vehicle has been reconnected to the Internet and can communicate with our systems. This may take a few minutes.

4. If the globe in your infotainment system does not turn white or the infotainment system in your vehicle behaves differently from the above, you may need to turn your ignition on again. Leave the vehicle to stand for a few minutes, then try again.
If you require assistance with these steps, the infotainment system behaves differently from the above or you have further questions about the mobile online services, our customer support team are always happy to help.

Thank you for your support. We hope you continue to enjoy using Volkswagen We Connect services.

Your We Connect team

Yes 2 fuses

that service bulletin is interesting as describes the situation you are already in but the update is yet to happen.
you may have to reset the power to enable the connection to get the update.

Sorry I mean 32 and 53!

Just had this through from VW, wondering if it could be related!

System update of mobile online services for your Volkswagen​

Dear Mr Hewitt,

Your satisfaction is always our top priority. Part of maintaining our standards involves performing regular system updates for mobile online services. This usually happens in the background.

However, we will require your assistance following the system update that will take place on 8 October 2020 between 00:01 a.m. and 04:00 a.m. (CEST). The next time your Volkswagen is started after the update, communication will need to be re-established between your vehicle and our systems.

To do this, the relevant profile for the primary and secondary user must be selected in the vehicle’s infotainment system depending on the driver, and the correct S-PIN must be entered. If you are the primary user and will be unable to access your vehicle for a prolonged period, please inform a secondary user about the steps that need to be performed after the system update. We have provided detailed instructions for this below.

Please be aware that after the time window for the planned system update mentioned above, various mobile online services will not function until you start your vehicle again. During this period, you will not receive any notifications from your vehicle in the We Connect app, in the We Connect web portal or by email and will not be able to send any commands to your vehicle through the We Connect app or from the We Connect web portal.

The following services are affected: ‘Lock & Unlock’; ‘Horn & Turn Signals’; ‘Parking Position’; ‘Vehicle Health Report’; ‘Vehicle Status’; ‘Online Auxiliary Heater’; ‘Online Anti-Theft Alarm’; ‘Speed Alert’; ‘Area Alert’.

Please note in particular that no notifications from the ‘Online Anti-Theft Alarm’ service can be received during this period. The anti-theft alarm system will still trigger as usual in the event of an attempted theft, but you will not be informed of this by a notification in your We Connect app or in the We Connect web portal.

For this reason, please try to minimise the time between the system update and restarting your vehicle (do so within 24 hours if possible) in order re-enable communication between your vehicle and our systems as soon as possible.

We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Please proceed as follows the next time you start your vehicle after the system update:
  1. First switch on your vehicle’s ignition. If your vehicle is unable to connect to the Internet at its present location, please move your vehicle to somewhere where it can establish a connection. Communication between our systems and your vehicle can only be established when there is an Internet connection.

2. Next, please select your profile as primary or secondary user from the available user profiles.

Please note: If you do not actively select the primary or secondary user from your user profiles, the guest user profile will be selected and your vehicle will be in ‘Maximum privacy’ mode. There can be no data connection between the vehicle and the data server in this mode. This means that the functionality of various services is also restricted. The current vehicle status is also not shown in the We Connect web portal or We Connect app.

3. If you are asked to do so, please enter your four-digit S-PIN. Once you have entered your S-PIN, you may then be asked to enter your username and password. Please enter these if asked to do so. Once you have entered all of your details and your user profile is successfully accepted, please check whether the globe in your infotainment system turns white. This means that your vehicle has been reconnected to the Internet and can communicate with our systems. This may take a few minutes.

4. If the globe in your infotainment system does not turn white or the infotainment system in your vehicle behaves differently from the above, you may need to turn your ignition on again. Leave the vehicle to stand for a few minutes, then try again.

If you require assistance with these steps, the infotainment system behaves differently from the above or you have further questions about the mobile online services, our customer support team are always happy to help.

Thank you for your support. We hope you continue to enjoy using Volkswagen We Connect services.

Your We Connect team

Yes, I have received that email today as well...

Yes 2 fuses

that service bulletin is interesting as describes the situation you are already in but the update is yet to happen.
you may have to reset the power to enable the connection to get the update.
Thanks, just tried pulling fuses 32 and 53 but no change unfortunately

Yes, I have received that email today as well...
I take it you are not currently having connection problems, as in the we connect app can still unlock the van etc and the globe is showing as white not grey on the infotainment

I take it you are not currently having connection problems, as in the we connect app can still unlock the van etc and the globe is showing as white not grey on the infotainment
I must say mine has been no bother at all. Sorry!

Good morning Loz,
We have a T6.1 special edition (2023).
I found this picture, is the same as my fusebox.
I want to connect my dashcam, but i cannot find the meaning of the corresponding numbers in the picture (what fuse is wherefor)
Question: are the empty holes powered or not? If not, how can I dubble existing fuses (piggy back?)
Hope you can help me.

Back