Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Flyscreens

Thanks Andy,

Yeah I had read the manual but I suspect this was just taken from the T6. As I understand it the fly screens only reasonably recently became available. I had a rental T6 a couple of years ago and using that method was a doddle to get the screen in but I just can't get it to work on the T6.1.

Do you have the screen and been able to get it fitted?
I just tried it..
Open the window fully.
Position flyscreen with the tab towards the centre of the window and it flexes into place. Really simple.

Tuck the tab edge between sliding window and fixed window and flex into position. The flyscreen edge that is folded and has 3 lumps goes into the groove of the window frame closest to the B Pillar.

That did the trick! Reading the instruction manual I had it in my head that you were sliding the fly screen between the fixed and sliding window in a similar way to a T6. Operator error on my part.

Thanks for your help :)

View attachment 76010

You could try reading the manual - Vw might not have provided the flyscreens with the van but they did include the instructions. Try P54 of the california supplement.
Just for new MY2021 T6.1 owners' info - the Fly Screen instructions as above are now in the main "Multivan" manual (p.190), not the Cali supplement. Instructions are exactly the same though....

Can you actually leave them on for shorter drives?

Just ordered a pair of Jerba flyscreens.

Will feedback fitting and use experiences

Back