Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Flyscreens

R

Rod Mackay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi Folks,

Has anyone heard of or seen fly screens that fit the T6.1 side window? Local dealer says they are still not available from VW. Not sure if that is right or not. Has anyone found an aftermarket alternative that fits?

Thanks

Rod

Hi Borris;

Yeah the ones from the T5 / T6 don’t fit.

Cheers

Rod

They are available, someone on here had them turn up with their van.
Yes Borris the design has changed. Don't know about the actual mesh, but the fixings have changed to suit the redesigned windows.

I ordered them with my van, that was the picture i posted of mine. I have the vw part number and price which is
7LA068528 price is £125.71 inc VAT each

Hi Folks,

Has anyone heard of or seen fly screens that fit the T6.1 side window? Local dealer says they are still not available from VW. Not sure if that is right or not. Has anyone found an aftermarket alternative that fits?

Thanks

Rod
Jerba Campervans are designing a version for the 6.1 - not sure if they are on sale yet?
david.miller@jerba.co.uk

Jerba Campervans are designing a version for the 6.1 - not sure if they are on sale yet?
david.miller@jerba.co.uk

EAFA017D-E3E5-46B2-8E0B-9228BEDD7224.png

DAF4F39D-42DE-4A7D-8AF8-232F6642C957.png

Thanks everyone. Good to see they are finally available from VW. Will give Jerba a call also and then decide which to go for.

Message from Jerba :

Hi Mike

Hopefully they will be available in the next month or so.

Keep an eye on the website as we will announce them on there when we have stocks

David Miller

I ordered them with my van, that was the picture i posted of mine. I have the vw part number and price which is
7LA068528 price is £125.71 inc VAT each
Interesting to hear you ordered them from VW. The configurator says they are standard (perhaps that’s changed since you ordered) but folk aren’t receiving them. Good to know they exist though.
They look as though the mesh is quite fine. Previous T6 version I understand isn’t midge proof. Do you think yours will be?
I wonder which to order, and if the Jerba one will be better.

Not standard on Beach model. They werent on the configurator when i ordered mine. My salesman noticed them when he put my order in and asked me if i wanted to add them extra so i said why not. I believe they changed the specs on ocean/coast as they weren't available to start with but something changed then they were being offered as a standard upgrade but im not sure when they offered this so i doubt early T6.1s have them as standard

Not standard on Beach model. They werent on the configurator when i ordered mine. My salesman noticed them when he put my order in and asked me if i wanted to add them extra so i said why not. I believe they changed the specs on ocean/coast as they weren't available to start with but something changed then they were being offered as a standard upgrade but im not sure when they offered this so i doubt early T6.1s have them as standard
Thanks - do you reckon they'll be midge-proof? Are you able to compare them to previous versions - have they improved?

Thanks - do you reckon they'll be midge-proof? Are you able to compare them to previous versions - have they improved?
I have not seen them in use on older versions. When i get my van back i will have a proper look at them

I ordered them on my T6.1 Beach. They weren’t available when I ordered but when I noticed them on the configurator, I phoned SMG and added them.

I can take photos of them tomorrow if anyone wants to see them.

I ordered them on my T6.1 Beach. They weren’t available when I ordered but when I noticed them on the configurator, I phoned SMG and added them.

I can take photos of them tomorrow if anyone wants to see them.
yes please.

I seriously doubt it. Midge proofing requires very fine netting. The Jerba ones have been designed to be midge proof.

Jerba are based in Scotland, they have the perfect testing facility. And they are half the price of the VW ones. I am hoping they fit my 6.1.
Jerba are currently working on the design for T6.1’s , the ones they have at the moment do not fit the 6.1

Decided to get the VW one which has now arrived and I accept I may be an idiot but I cannot figure out how to fit it.

Anyone had any success with fitting?

Also the mesh does seem like it would let midges through.

Decided to get the VW one which has now arrived and I accept I may be an idiot but I cannot figure out how to fit it.

Anyone had any success with fitting?

Also the mesh does seem like it would let midges through.
You instinctively think that you open the window fully first and then fit the screen in place to cover the opening but if memory serves, that's wrong

If they are like the T6 ones, I believe you crack open the sliding window, place the blind in the grove up against the window but towards the rear of the van than the partially opened window. You then slide the screen behind the sliding window and into place. Finally, fully open the window.
I said "I believe" because I've only done it once and I cannot remember the full detail.

Hi Borris,

I had seen a couple of videos showing the process for the T6 as you describe and tried that. The screen for the 6.1 seems to be quite a bit thicker though and has a “handle” on the leading edge which doesn’t want to slide past the window mechanism. Have applied a fair bit of force with no joy.

There is a huge chance I’m being an idiot but I just can’t figure it out?

Also good old VW... not a hint of instructions with the screen.

tempImageNUoz3T.png
Also good old VW... not a hint of instructions with the screen.

You could try reading the manual - Vw might not have provided the flyscreens with the van but they did include the instructions. Try P54 of the california supplement.

Last edited:
Thanks Andy,

Yeah I had read the manual but I suspect this was just taken from the T6. As I understand it the fly screens only reasonably recently became available. I had a rental T6 a couple of years ago and using that method was a doddle to get the screen in but I just can't get it to work on the T6.1.

Do you have the screen and been able to get it fitted?

I don't have the screens, but the manual is for the latest ones as it mentions the handle on the screen that the old ones didn't have.

yeah good point. I just don't see how it goes in though. Any more force and for sure its going to break.

Back