• Start date
chris ratay traveler

chris ratay traveler

Overlanding South America w T6.1 Ocean 204, 4M+
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
T6.1 COCKPIT MAP

From the photo (LHD) - the left is the built in map automatically displayed on digital cockpit. On the right is Waze on Android Auto.

QUESTIONS:
1) Is there a way to have Waze or Google navigation on the radio headset show up behind the steering wheel? If I set the route using built-in nav, it shows on cockpit, but then Waze/Google Maps don't show on radio headset.

2) When sorting with various settings, I can't figure out how to go "back" to the previous screen. Couldn't find a "back" button. It's there a clever tip, or do you have to go back through the Menu and start again?

Thanks

20220904_125723.jpg

While using Carplay or Antroid Auto there is no way to show the maps in the digital cockpit. Not sure about the going back thing, but i think there is a little triangle in the top left of the screen to go back no?

While using Carplay or Antroid Auto there is no way to show the maps in the digital cockpit. Not sure about the going back thing, but i think there is a little triangle in the top left of the screen to go back no?
When using Apple CarPlay routes are shown in the digital cockpit for the Apple Maps app only. A shame, as I prefer Waze.

Using android auto, pictogram guidance shows up in the digital cockpit, but it still displays the VW map with no route. With apple carplay it's the same. Putting a destination in Google cancels VW guidance and vice-versa.

Apple maps with apple guidance and VW map in digital cockpit.

20220910_095643.jpg

and google .... pictogram appears nearer the manoevre.

20220910_100108.jpg

Last edited:
Back