Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 California Ocean physical horn location.

• Thread starter Californication69
  • Start date
Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I’ve removed the off side front wheel arch inner lining. The horn isn’t there. Any body got access to the location diagram of a T6.1 horn please ?
Not sure if it’s different to any other T6.1 California, model, so it’s an Ocean model location I’m looking for. TIA

I’ve removed the off side front wheel arch inner lining. The horn isn’t there. Any body got access to the location diagram of a T6.1 horn please ?
Not sure if it’s different to any other T6.1 California, model, so it’s an Ocean model location I’m looking for. TIA

TE, I have a 6, but in these, I think it is behind the front fog light. You may need to remove the undertray to get access to it. The wheel arch may not give access to the horn.

Are you planning to upgrade or is it that its not working?

Thank you, I’ll remove the under tray and look there.
i was going to check the amps going to it to see if I can upgrade to a double piaa

Locating the horn:
Simply push the horn on the steeringwheel while someone is checking under the bonnet (wearing ear/sound protection)
Isn’t it that simple?
Or am i missing something

I'm reliably informed that is located by the front right fog light.

Turn wheel full lock left and there is an access panel in the wheel arch.

I have the same 6.1 horn problem it sounds like it came off noddy’s car did you need to adjust the wiring and horn relay if how did you do it

Thanks for establishing the location

Has anyone upgraded to an OEM replacement as opposed to an aftermarket one?

Thanks for establishing the location

Has anyone upgraded to an OEM replacement as opposed to an aftermarket one?

I’d like to know this too. My T6 has a decent 2tone but my 6.1 horn is miserable - our Panda has a better horn!

Honestly, I think the VW accountants really got stuck into the T6.1, there’s a distinct drop in quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back