Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach orders

Looks great 2haw.

Could you post some shots of the dash and forward interior?

Is that gear selector the same across the T6.1 range? What have they done?!

Yes, pictures of the front seats would be good actually while you are there :)

Looks great 2haw.

Could you post some shots of the dash and forward interior?

Is that gear selector the same across the T6.1 range? What have they done?!
Check earlier posts. Pics already posted of interior? Was there sonething particular that was missing?

Check earlier posts. Pics already posted of interior? Was there sonething particular that was missing?
Thanks Alison.

The light wasn't great and they seemed a bit dark to see the detail.

If someone wouldn't mind taking some with more light to show up the detail that would be helpful.

Thanks.

After having the Comfort ash previously, I thought I’d be a little disappointed with the standard dash on the T6.1 but I really love it. This is the standard Screen.

Hated the Sat Nav in my previous Beach so never used it.

Also so glad I went with the Art Velours. Again was worried as I thought it looked too light in some early photos but I’m really pleased with it and makes the Interior look so much more special.

Anything else you would like to see?

I do llike the black door handles.

Photo of 3 pin socket to seat base under handbrake. This does work all the time, unlike the one beneath the hob in the rear.

3F6F8595-CC1A-4E39-AA4D-346EDF087316.jpeg

AD020926-77ED-4092-8462-01B39F7F40DE.jpeg

28B10359-6116-415D-883A-C430EFD158F8.jpeg

AE8D54E7-AF79-49D2-9B8D-371878ECB614.jpeg

71BC4E6D-A54F-4DE9-A110-3533C1E892D5.jpeg

38D7226A-9A2E-47F2-8DDF-F5A475DDB682.jpeg

Last edited:
i was in a dealers today,
they had a beach tour, I noticed that the interior lights (with additional light concept pack) switched on when the van was unlocked and the tail gate was opened and switched off when tailgate closed, is this now standard on the T6.1?
(Didn’t check this feature with the operation of others doors as I was not technically meant to be nosing around in the van)
salesman didn’t know

That's really helpful. Thanks.

The seats look great. :thumb

Is there anything you miss from your T6? or wish you'd ordered on this one?

You can now set the doors to Auto Lock in the settings.

7D04BB18-A264-476F-A6A4-7E921B23AC04.jpeg

A397F7FD-BEE7-4989-B2A0-EF0E56B49A6E.jpeg

Electronic child lock on the rear slider is also good. Operated by a switch by the door mirror controls.

That's really helpful. Thanks.

The seats look great. :thumb

Is there anything you miss from your T6? or wish you'd ordered on this one?
Not really.

I have quite a few more items on this one than my Edition:
Parking Heater
Art Velours Upholstery
Control Panel
Heated Front Seats
Comfort Mattress
Twin Windows with insect blinds
18” Alloys
Panoramic roof
Interior LED lights
Pop Hob
80L Tank
Extra Seat Socket
4 keys
2 Extra USB’s in drivers seat base
Rear lighting switch on front roof console.
Extra pockets to rear of front seats.

I didn’t spec parking sensors as I really only use the camera but maybe I should of added them.

I can’t think of anything else.

I was worried about the 18” alloys and I’m not sure if its due to the tyre spec and extra width (255 Bridgestones) or revised suspension settings but it does take the rough roads and pot holes a lot better than my old T6. I find the drive a lot smoother.
The only criticism is that it seems a lot slower and reluctant at slow speeds, I’m hoping that will pick up in time!

i was in a dealers today,
they had a beach tour, I noticed that the interior lights (with additional light concept pack) switched on when the van was unlocked and the tail gate was opened and switched off when tailgate closed, is this now standard on the T6.1?
(Didn’t check this feature with the operation of others doors as I was not technically meant to be nosing around in the van)
salesman didn’t know
Yes, just checked. When you open the boot, the interior lights came on.

@2haw. what options do you get on a beach on the overhead control centre ? do Beaches get the spirit level & battery charge etc displayed?

Not really.

I have quite a few more items on this one than my Edition:
Parking Heater
Art Velours Upholstery
Control Panel
Heated Front Seats
Comfort Mattress
Twin Windows with insect blinds
18” Alloys
Panoramic roof
Interior LED lights
Pop Hob
80L Tank
Extra Seat Socket
4 keys
2 Extra USB’s in drivers seat base
Rear lighting switch on front roof console.
Extra pockets to rear of front seats.

I didn’t spec parking sensors as I really only use the camera but maybe I should of added them.

I can’t think of anything else.

I was worried about the 18” alloys and I’m not sure if its due to the tyre spec and extra width (255 Bridgestones) or revised suspension settings but it does take the rough roads and pot holes a lot better than my old T6. I find the drive a lot smoother.
The only criticism is that it seems a lot slower and reluctant at slow speeds, I’m hoping that will pick up in time!
Hi 2haw

the van looks great, plenty of new toys to play with :pinkbanana

would you be kind enough to post a photo of the additional pockets to the rear of the front seats please.

What I would like to know is if it is possible to switch off the motion sensor...
I would often be getting dogs in/ out of the tail gate (or sliding door) without accessing anywhere else.
i really do not need to be then spending time getting into the cab and accessing screens to deactivate the motion sensors for the alarm...
For me, this is a HUGE negative of the supposedly improved Beach...

What I would like to know is if it is possible to switch off the motion sensor...
I would often be getting dogs in/ out of the tail gate (or sliding door) without accessing anywhere else.
i really do not need to be then spending time getting into the cab and accessing screens to deactivate the motion sensors for the alarm...
For me, this is a HUGE negative of the supposedly improved Beach...
Does a double click on the key fob disable the motion sensors (as well as enable safe lock)?

For those who like Tea / Cofffee in bed first thing in the morning, the pop hob can’t be opened out whilst your using the bed so don’t forget an outdoor hob.

For those who like Tea / Cofffee in bed first thing in the morning, the pop hob can’t be opened out whilst your using the bed so don’t forget an outdoor hob.
Interesting. What stops the hob being used?

Interesting. What stops the hob being used?
The bed base is too high, especially with the mattress on and the pop hob mechanism pulls out which strikes the side of the seat base. It maybe possible if you open the hob before folding the bed down, I’ll give it a try soon!

Does a double click on the key fob disable the motion sensors (as well as enable safe lock)?
I haven’t checked this yet, sorry. I’m try to do that tomorrow.

Just had confirmation that my vehicle is on its way to the port and should be unloaded today. What's peoples experience of how long it then took to arrive with the dealer recently?

Just had confirmation that my vehicle is on its way to the port and should be unloaded today. What's peoples experience of how long it then took to arrive with the dealer recently?
Mine was 3.5-4 weeks from start of build to being at the dealer!! Pretty impressive.

Back