Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 beach camper leisure battery?

T

Tunnelvision

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Can someone confirm whether the UK T6.1 beach camper has a leisure battery? I note it has EHU but cannot confirm from brochure whether it has leisure battery.
Thanks

Can someone confirm whether the UK T6.1 beach camper has a leisure battery? I note it has EHU but cannot confirm from brochure whether it has leisure battery.
Thanks
Yes, under the front passenger seat.

Hi All,
Does anyone know if the 2020 VW Beach as standard should have a 230 Volt charging feature. Im buying a new beach and I'm about to take ownership from garage but I noticed that it doesn't have a 230 Volt outside connection. Im in Dublin Ireland so not sure if this is the reason but would appreciate it if anyone could help me. From review of spec it seems to me that this should come as standard, it makes no sense to have an Auxiliary battery but no means of charging it when you get to a campsite.
Many Thanks
Ciaran

Hi All,
Does anyone know if the 2020 VW Beach as standard should have a 230 Volt charging feature. Im buying a new beach and I'm about to take ownership from garage but I noticed that it doesn't have a 230 Volt outside connection. Im in Dublin Ireland so not sure if this is the reason but would appreciate it if anyone could help me. From review of spec it seems to me that this should come as standard, it makes no sense to have an Auxiliary battery but no means of charging it when you get to a campsite.
Many Thanks
Ciaran
The Beach Camper does, the Beach Tourer (2 sliding doors) does not.

The Leisure battery is also charged by the alternator when the vehicle is running.

It’s easy to have a 240v hookup fitted professionally . Costs about £300 and will also allow you to have additional 240v sockets if required (ie add one in the boot). We had ours fitted in the engine bay, so avoids cutting any bodywork, more visible and less likely to drive away whilst still hooked up. Charger can also be fitted at by he same time and hidden under the seat (or, you can use any charger and just get an adaptor to charge via the cigarette lighter socket.)

The only issue with twin sliders might be where to route the cable, but a decent installer will be able to solve this.

The wording in the current uk brochure is:

Camping equipment (continued)
Pull-out awning with housing and rail in Black (Camper models only
Tent adapter and rail in Black (Tour models only) 230V inverter with socket on driver’s seat
230V external inlet with charging feature for vehicle batteries (Camper models only)

Thats in the:

The California 6.1
This brochure supersedes all previous publications. Issue: 1 January 2021 www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk

The Irish version of the same brochure is slightly different, not sure what the 2020 version of the brochure said.

The California 6.1.
Beach.
Interior Equipment
1 swivel seat with armrests, movable in rails, in 2nd row of seats 2 X 12-V outlets in dashboard
230-V inlet with charging feature for vehicle batteries and 230-V outlet in the interior (United Kingdom)

The California 6.1
This brochure supersedes all previous publications. Issue: 01 March 2021
www.volkswagenvans.ie

Thanks so much guys. I will stand my ground with the dealer as i was told (verbaly) that it was provided as standard when I ordered. It will have to be retrofitted and im trying to make sure the dealer pays for it, but I think completely necessary requirement. Am I right in saying that the only part that is needed is the 230-V Inlet, all other parts should be in the camper already from factory fit.

Huge thanks again.
Ciaran

. Am I right in saying that the only part that is needed is the 230-V Inlet, all other parts should be in the camper already from factory fit.

Huge thanks again.
Ciaran
You really need to try and find a copy of the 2020 brochure to be 100% sure.

I think you would have the external socket, a consumer unit inside and the battery charger along with the associated wiring missing.
I'm not 100% familiar with a beach but would assume there is also a 240v socket internally as well.

You really need to try and find a copy of the 2020 brochure to be 100% sure.

I think you would have the external socket, a consumer unit inside and the battery charger along with the associated wiring missing.
I'm not 100% familiar with a beach but would assume there is also a 240v socket internally as well.
I’m not sure. If it’s the Beach Tourer and so not provided with hook up, then unlikely to have 240V sockets? Maybe an inverter socket and some USB / 12v sockets.
But, I think you’re right, need the brochure or someone with a Beach Tourer to help out.

I thought it had been previously concluded on this forum that neither the T6.1 Beach Camper, nor the 6.1 Beach Tour, comes with EHU. It will be interesting to see whether the Camper does indeed come with it (irrespective of what the brochure says).

I thought it had been previously concluded on this forum that neither the T6.1 Beach Camper, nor the 6.1 Beach Tour, comes with EHU. It will be interesting to see whether the Camper does indeed come with it (irrespective of what the brochure says).
That’a not correct. The conclusion from the UK brochure is that the Beach Camper does have EHU.

Thanks for responding, I certainly remember that it was a question. Let’s hope the brochure is correct

Alison. Nice van , looks good with the silver awning.

Have you checked for an internal 240v socket, the T5.1 beach definatley had one, on the back base of the drivers seat I think.

The T6.1 should also have the 240v inverter socket under under the handbrake.

Alison. Nice van , looks good with the silver awning.

Have you checked for an internal 240v socket, the T5.1 beach definatley had one, on the back base of the drivers seat I think.

The T6.1 should also have the 240v inverter socket under under the handbrake.
There’s a UK style 3 pin 240V socket next to the gas storage locker. Haven’t looked for the inverter yet (didn’t use it much on the Ocean so not expecting to with the Beach).

There’s a UK style 3 pin 240V socket next to the gas storage locker. Haven’t looked for the inverter yet (didn’t use it much on the Ocean so not expecting to with the Beach).
By the gas storage would be the 240v hookup socket then.

All new transporters etc have the inverter socket under the handbrake, not just the Californias. I think its now far more useful as its 300w.

That beach mini kitchen looks pretty useful without taking up much room at all.

All new transporters etc have the inverter socket under the handbrake, not just the Californias. I think its now far more useful as its 300w.

I’ve added photo’s on the other thread.

So does this socket on the seat base work without hook-up?

Back