Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach Camper in UK

I spy some lighting to the rear seat bases which I haven’t had before on either of my Beaches.
Yes each seat base has downlighting.

You are definitely missing the Beach motif on the drivers side. Just checked the picture of our demo and it has one in thatFB_IMG_1614719002450.jpg

1614719729773.png

I may be wrong be wrong or a trick of the light but it looks like the rear quarter below the window of your Cali is a different shade of silver from the rest of that side. It may have been repainted prior to delivery, hence the lack of "BEACH" motif.

Personally I think it’s just the light.
The dealer will replace the sticker, not a big deal. Enjoy @AlisonF

Congratulations Alison. Your new bus looks lovely. I'm sure a Beach will prove to be perfect for your needs.

What internal arrangements did you decided on in the end for the dogs? Crates or fitted cages?

Congratulations Alison. Your new bus looks lovely. I'm sure a Beach will prove to be perfect for your needs.

What internal arrangements did you decided on in the end for the dogs? Crates or fitted cages?
I have found a company that will make cages with (lockable) doors both sides and will make it to fit bespoke. They didn’t want to start until I had the van to do accurate measurements and photo’s. I can post pics when done in a few weeks.

It would take an astute neighbour to tell the difference vs your van!

It would take an astute neighbour to tell the difference vs your van!
Well I’ve had two black loan ones in the last 7 months. One a Kombi 69 plate and the other a LWB Caravelle 70 plate... and no-one noticed the difference... we’ll see of this gets any attention. Haha!

No BEACH sticker to sliding door side?

Looks lovely by the way!
I had an Ocean with the same problem. It's called a "mis-build". Contact the dealer and they will supply a new sticker. Otherwise you are looking at £60 to replace it yourself.

I had an Ocean with the same problem. It's called a "mis-build". Contact the dealer and they will supply a new sticker. Otherwise you are looking at £60 to replace it yourself.
Looks better without the sticker.

Looks fab congratulations.
Im collecting mine Saturday but am somewhat dreading it as sooo many things to check as well as should I really be collecting it anyway :headbang Its all a bit overwhelming tbh having never bought a brand new so expensive vehicle - Im hoping it will be love at first sight & all the worries about "saggy bottoms" are dispensed immediately - so glad I opted for a stealth number plate as its all coincided with the horrors of redundancies as first feared.

Even more reason for the dogs to enjoy a trip to the Beach

Dealer has got back to me first thing this morning. They had spotted it before handover and a new one has been ordered. Apparently more Cali’s have arrived recently without the sticker...

Dealer has got back to me first thing this morning. They had spotted it before handover and a new one has been ordered. Apparently more Cali’s have arrived recently without the sticker...
I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm and excitement for your lovely new van, but knowing that transport damage does occur (our T6 was smashed to bits) perhaps just worth having a close look at that panel. Hopefully just a simple sticker missing. :thumb

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm and excitement for your lovely new van, but knowing that transport damage does occur (our T6 was smashed to bits) perhaps just worth having a close look at that panel. Hopefully just a simple sticker missing. :thumb
Was out when it got light this morning to have a look! Also planning on getting a paint thickness check.

You need to run a sticker poll on the new Owners.

@AlisonF when you get a chance could you please check whether there are Isofix fixing points on the middle seat of the bench? I believe this hasn’t been present on previous Beaches although space wouldn’t be a constraint, so VW may have added this to the T6.1
Isofix on left and right (not middle) bench seat.

BBC9AD3D-0C20-4FBA-9735-F34229BE8007.jpeg

840260EE-2B96-45A4-A5C1-FDFB6A30B9A6.jpeg

Alison - are you going to update your vehicle details? I think its becoming clear that there are quite a lot of differences between T6 and T6.1 & its helpful to know what's being talked about.

Alison - are you going to update your vehicle details? I think its becoming clear that there are quite a lot of differences between T6 and T6.1 & its helpful to know what's being talked about.
I did - but didn’t see a T6.1 option... maybe I overlooked it...

The T6.1 Beach has now been added and my profile updated.

Last edited:
Great looking Beach, congratulations

Hope dog recovering well.

my lhd 6.1 Beach didn’t have a 240v nor the hook up...much to my great disappointment when I excitedly popped out with my lead to plug it in

Am taking the side Coast badges off my new (with hook up) Coast 6.1 , I feel no need to highlight that I was too poor/ mean to buy the Ocean...

I did - but didn’t see a T6.1 option... maybe I overlooked it...

The T6.1 Beach has now been added and my profile updated.
I had to put 6.1 Coast 4motion under “location” as no ownership option available

Congrats Alison, looks great.

I would get the rear quarter paint thickness checked, as HC says the sliding door rail cover is a bolted on cover, but for peace of mind I would have the rear quarter paint thickness checked against the rest of the van, the paint on the rear quarter should be the identical thickness as the rest of the factory applied paint On all fixed panels.
If the sliding door cover was damaged it would probably result in damage to the rear quarter as well Which would be a tell tail sign, if the (fixed) rear quarter paint is the same thickness as the rest of the van I would assume the Beach sticker was missed In production.

Congrats Alison, looks great.

I would get the rear quarter paint thickness checked, as HC says the sliding door rail cover is a bolted on cover, but for peace of mind I would have the rear quarter paint thickness checked against the rest of the van, the paint on the rear quarter should be the identical thickness as the rest of the factory applied paint On all fixed panels.
If the sliding door cover was damaged it would probably result in damage to the rear quarter as well Which would be a tell tail sign, if the (fixed) rear quarter paint is the same thickness as the rest of the van I would assume the Beach sticker was missed In production.
I’m looking at getting a wrap from the same guy who did my window tints last time (and he’ll be doing that as well).
Last time they spotted (straight from the dealer) that my tyre pressures ranged from 40 to 48... everyone of them was different. So they corrected that without asking (the van was there for window tints, nothing else).
So I have trust in this place. It’s the same place I am asking to do the wrap. So I can also ask for a check on the existing paintwork.
Great tips from everyone on here. Thank you.

Alison,

can you take a photo of the floor rails please? Just want to make sure the extra captains chairs could be added.
Floor rails look the same as the previous three seater beach versions, looks like an additional two seats are possible !