Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 headunit upgrade - Newbie question alert!

When I fitted my xtrons unit, I did nothing but delete my phone from the Bluetooth memory in the van, no issues and works fine.

Also, the xtrons unit comes with a pre wired harness and canbus decoder. All I needed was a farka adaptor for the radio aerial. An absolute doddle to install.

Didn’t bother installing the aftermarket dab aerial as it looks horrendous in the window and I don’t listen to it anyway. I gather you can connect to the vans dab aerial with some adapters but couldn’t be bothered to look into it.
Thanks for reply

We love it. Volume dial you press to engage Siri. Front usb socket so future proof
View attachment 108898
You have to take the entire van apart to stop parking sensors so don’t worry about that.
Had this installed now but the sun glare on it is a nightmare and can almost not see Waze when using it. Did you find a solution to the sun glare on it at all?

I managed to pick up an ex display model for £130 and then it was £200 installation but the sun glare it pretty bad on it making it hard to see …

Any suggestions please ?

Had this installed now but the sun glare on it is a nightmare and can almost not see Waze when using it. Did you find a solution to the sun glare on it at all?

I managed to pick up an ex display model for £130 and then it was £200 installation but the sun glare it pretty bad on it making it hard to see …

Any suggestions please ?
Anti glare screen film?

Anti glare screen film?
Sounds simple enough yet I didn’t even think of that! thank you , I’ll have a look online…

Any that you have used and would recommend?

Last edited:
Sounds simple enough yet I didn’t even think of that! thank you , I’ll have a look online…

Any that you have used and would recommend?
Afraid not. Popular units often have made to measure covers.

Is there a market to sell on the old stereo at all? The one that came with the Cali ?

What do they normally sell for 2nd if anyone has an idea?

Thanks

IMG_0527.jpeg

Any suggestions please ?
I only find it happens when heading a particular direction with low sun.
The dash bit where you fit the unit is at a certain angle. I can’t see how any screen would be different. I suppose T5 dash wasn’t designed for screens.

Back