calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi and welcome :thumb
I manage ok I have two teenage daughters and find you just have to pack wisely
We don't have walking boots and cycle helmets just mobile phones tablets and portable DVD players and all the other stuff teenage girls have like hair dryers,straighteners we tend to take enough clothing for about 5 days and then wash them on the campsite. It is a challenge but that said I love it :thumb and of course a Cali you can go off the beaten track :thumb

Hi

we spent 14 days away in the summer in scandanavia ,2 adults and our 2 boys 15 and 17,you do have to go easy on everything you take .We did use a roofbox for all the xtras !

but the cali does get used every day :D

dave and lisa

No it's not. If you have a motorhome keep it. I spent 15 months in my Cali traveling and it was great, I was on my own. Can see it would be ok for two people or more if the odd trip.

I'd say it could be quite tight.

We have 2 adults and a 2 year old which we find enough.

We used to have coachbuilt motorhomes before our Cali and the change in living space does take some getting used to and we are just 2 adults and one 11 year old. I think two teenage boys may be a bit too much especially for long trips, you will also probably end up with big drive-away awnings,tents and roof boxes etc... which can slightly defeat the object of the Cali.

Saying that if you are willing to put up with those things then you will gain from the freedom of the Cali which is why we bought ours and I don't think we would go back to a motorhome now ... maybe when we retire and can no longer get into the top bed!

When we toured in France last year our 14 year old was keen to sleep in a pop-up pup tent. The younger daughter now want to follow suit next year. It was no hassle really, and gave us a place to store sleeping stuff whilst on days out.

Guess it depends on the climate you intend to travel in really.

The T5 California is fine for four people, thats what its designed for. You just need to pack sparingly. We are a family of five and regularly travel fully loaded with the fifth seat, towing a boat, and with five bikes on the back, no issues.

Its never going to be spacious when travelling, like a motorhome, but it will better on fuel, easier to drive and park, and once you have the sun canopy and awning out, you will have more space anyway. It win win all round.

:thumb

We are a 2+ 2 family with two smelly teenage boys of 14 and 16, dont be fooled it is a squeeze, believe me! When they were young it was fine but now they are larger and longer it is not ideal as we now have to take several tents with us when we go away. For short trips it is fine but last year in Italy when it was 30+ degrees most days it was not good at night. Looking forward to when they get bored of camping and we get the cali back to ourselves.

Two people in a Cali will seem like 5* luxury

Maybe hire one for a week first to save wasting your money?

Back